Experience Tankwa Karoo National Park
As luminous clouds of dust swirl through the ancient landscape, a tortoise patiently wanders in search of succulent morsels; a lizard basks in the sun while gemsbok and red hartebeest share the arid plains with mongoose, orb-web spiders, skinks and leggy toktokkies.
Sasol Tankwa Birding Bonanza 2016
- Download the Sasol Tankwa Birding Bonanza 2016 flyer.
Construction at Elandsberg
There is currently construction work underway at the Elandsberg Rest Camp within Tanwa Karoo National Park. The Park is excited about the construction of five additional units increasing the accommodation capacity at the Park. Construction of one unit will take place on the left hand side of the cottages and one from the entrance, while the other four units will be built on the right hand side of unit five. These construction sites will be properly fenced off to minimise any unnecessary discomfort to visitors. The construction work is envisioned to finish by the end of November 2016. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you kindly for your cooperation.
Just a four hour drive from Cape Town brings you to the ideal destination of Tankwa Karoo National Park (TKNP) for those seeking the brightest stars of Africa, a once in a lifetime glimpse of a rare endemic bird, or perhaps nothing more than a silence that reaches deep into the soul.
As luminous clouds of dust swirl through the ancient landscape, a tortoise patiently wanders in search of succulent morsels; a lizard basks in the sun while gemsbok and red hartebeest share the arid plains with mongoose, orb-web spiders, skinks and leggy toktokkies...
- 4x4 Trails
- Self-Drive Game Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Viewpoints
There are currently no promotions available. Please come back soon.
- 4x4 advisable in rainy seasons
- Access by high clearance 2x4
- Additional vehicles will be charged fee per night
- Bathroom with toilet, shower and basin
- One Bedroom 2 Single beds
- Other Bedroom 1 Double bed
- 2 bedrooms
- 1 en-suite bedroom with a double bed
- Braai facilities available
- Check in at Guest House or at Reception
- Fully Equipped
- The 2016 SASOL Tankwa Birding Bonanza - 10th February 2016
- Media Release: Free entry for South African National Parks Week - 16th September 2015
- The Tankwa Karoo National Park flower season - 17th August 2015
- The 2015 SASOL Tankwa Birding Bonanza - 25th March 2015
- Free access to national parks during SA National Parks Week - 1st September 2014
Posted by: pamelajane (4th August 2016)
Posted by: Disselblom (19th March 2016)
Posted by: Albert (5th November 2015)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?