Conjure up a desolate and forbidding landscape, seemingly devoid of life, except for some people dotting along the horizon. Make a startling discovery upon closer inspection when the mirage dissolves into the human-like half-mens (half person) and the harsh environment prove to be a treasure-chest containing the world's richest desert flora.
Tatasberg Wilderness Camp, within sight of the Orange River, is beautifully constructed of natural materials that blend into the surrounds. The uniquely designed chalets have their own design, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom and are fully equipped with cooking utensils, cutlery, linen and fridge/freezer. Solar panels provide light and gas geysers provide hot water. Read more...
Admire the contrast of the rugged landscape and mighty Orange River while flyfishing from it's banks.
- Visitors should always have a good supply of water.
- A 4x4 is required to traverse the Park.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Binoculars and cameras are a must.
- An extra spare wheel, tools, spares, enough food and extra water containers are essential.
Where To Stay
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
Hours for the laundry facilities:
Please be advised that the laundry facilities in the camping terrain can only be utilised during working hours which is between 07h30 and 16h00. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Things To See
- The halfmens succulent - an iconic feature of the Park and a botanical wonder of the world.
- The Hand of God rock formation
- Jackal Buzzard
- 12th December 2016 - Water crisis at Sendelingsdrift - Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
Posted by: Boskrokodil (9th January 2017)
Posted by: Lesego (14th December 2016)
Posted by: Jonkers (10th August 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?