Holiday fun at Mountain Zebra National Park
The programme, which runs from Monday 3 December to Friday 21 December, is free of charge to day and overnight visitors (with the exception of guided game drives on Mondays and Wednesdays at a cost of R50 per child), with only the Conservation Fee payable for Park entry.
A range of activities has been planned to keep the youngsters entertained. Besides getting to see all the fauna and flora the Park has to offer while out on a game drive or on a hiking trail, they’ll also learn about the cultural heritage of the area, climate change and ecology, amongst others.
The weekly programme:
- Mondays (09h00 to 11h00): Guided game drives
- Tuesdays (09h30 to 12:00): Imbila hiking trail (guided walk) of 1km
- Wednesdays (09h00 to 11h00): Game drive to the cultural heritage and rock art sites
- Thursdays (09h00 to 11h00): Why everyone is talking about climate change
- Fridays (09h00 to 12h00): Nature DVDs and ecological games
- Saturdays (08h30 to 11h00): Black eagle hiking trail (guided walk) of 2.5km
Remember that bookings are essential as there is limited space. Sign your children up for the holiday programme via the Park’s Reception desk on (048) 881 2427/3434. Parents are to sign indemnity forms at Reception before the children may participate.
Please note that programmes may be cancelled due to bad weather. For more information, please contact Mxolisi Fulumente on (048) 881 2427 or 071 469 1050.
Download the Mountain Zebra National Park holiday programme.
Mountain Zebra National Park’s holiday programme is all about learning while having fun at the same time.
South African National Parks (SANParks)