Top tips for twitchers:
- Rooiplaat Loop for larks and pipits.
- Kranskop Loop for mountain birds.
- Thickets of the Wilgerboom River for the smaller birds and seed-eaters.
- The northern plains for the blue korhaan and the bustards.
- The southern mountainous parts for the raptors: look out for Verraux's eagle, booted eagle and martial eagle.
- For two 'specials' - the Drakensberg rockjumper and ground woodpecker - walk the 3-day guided trail or stay overnight in the mountain cottages.
(For more birding information and park bird checklist go to Birders)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?