"Where Endangered Species Roam"...Mokala is SANParks' newest park. It is situated approximately 70km south-southwest of Kimberley, and west of the N12 freeway to Cape Town. Nestled in the hills, Mokala's landscape boasts a variety of koppieveld (hills) and large open plains.
Lilydale Rest Camp offers 12 self-catering, air conditioned units overlooking the Riet River. Warm exhilarating summers can be spent by the swimming pool. Breathtaking sunsets and glittering diamonds in the sky, are all added by nature to compliment an unforgettable visit. Read more...
Guided Rock art engraving drives to explore our cultural heritage are available to our guests. Enquire at Reception.
- The fishing spots of De Krans and Kleinbek are only accessible by 4x4 or high clearance vehicles.
- A two-night stay is recommended to truly experience the magic of this Park.
- There is no petrol station in the Park.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
Where To Stay
R 265 R 199 per night
Valid from 13/02/2017 to 28/02/2017Book Now Read More
Terms & Conditions
Golden Kudu - Luxury LodgesView All Luxury Lodges
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
As a result of the dry weather conditions that the area is experiencing, the access roads leading to Mokala National Park via the Mosu and Lilydale Gates are in a poor condition.
Please note that there is no restaurant facility available at Lilydale Rest Camp. Please view the Restaurant Operating Times information for Mosu Restaurant.
Things To See
- Endangered mammal species
- Indigenous plant species
- The Camel thorn tree – iconic to the landscape of Mokala
- No current news, please check back later
Posted by: derickj (13th December 2016)
Posted by: SHR PR & Media (13th September 2016)
Posted by: billyf (10th August 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?