Mapungubwe National Park flood damage update
23 May 2013
- All camps are open.
Hides and Picnic Spots:
- Treetop Walk is closed as reconstruction is underway.
- Malotswa bird hide is closed and still submerged under water.
Access roads to and around the Park:
Access roads outside the Park
- R572 tarred road from Mapungubwe to Pont drift / Alldays is open - This is the only access point to and from Mapungubwe.
- R572 tarred road from Mapungubwe to Musina is still closed - (bridge washed away).
- Visitors travelling from Musina's side can alternatively join the road via Venetia mine to rejoin the R521 from Alldays towards Mapungubwe. ***Please ensure that you have enough fuel as the distance covered is +/- 140km.
Access roads within the Park
- The Denstat gravel road from the Main Gate to Limpopo Forest Tented camp and Mazhou Camping site is not operational - a small bridge along the way, washed away.
- 4x4 roads inside the park can be used, with caution.
- All other roads are fully accessible.
For further enquiries, please contact Mapungubwe National Park's Reception on:
Tel: (015) 534 7923/4/5