Mapungubwe National Park and World Heritage Site is the ideal location for anyone interested in wildlife and birds, to those in search of serenity, identity and the extraordinary history of this Park...
This is Mapungubwe’s main camp, located in the eastern section of the Park, 11km from the Main Gate, in the spectacular sandstone hills. Close to the camp guests can enjoy the Treetop Hide and the Confluence View Site & Picnic Area. The camp itself has a swimming pool and sundeck, as well as a central braai area.Read more...
Discover an ancient African Kingdom, Southern Africa’s first, established at Mapungubwe Hill between 1200 and 1290 AD. Home to a powerful tribe that flourished on trading with Eastern cultures such as China and India, Mapungubwe saw the rise and fall of this great civilisation more than 700 years ago. This is the place where archaeologists excavated the famous golden rhino and other evidence of a wealthy African kingdom.
- Mapungubwe National Park is an area with large and dangerous game animals and unguided walking is not permitted. Guests, who would like to arrange activities such as walks, drives and visits to cultural attractions, can do so directly with the Park.
- Guests should take precautions against malaria when visiting Mapungubwe.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- All Mapungubwe’s camps are accessible by normal sedan vehicles, but it is advisable to have a 4x4 or high clearance vehicle to ensure an enjoyable drive inside the park. There are also a number of eco-trails for which a 4x4 is required.
- The closest shops and fuel supplies to Mapungubwe are in Alldays and Musina, both about 70 km’s from the Park. We only sell snacks and refreshments at the Park.
- The are no debit card facilities available in the Park. Payments can only be made via cash or credit card. Cheques are not accepted.
Where To Stay
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
Things To See
- The Lost City
- Wildlife and Mystic Scenery
- The Mapungubwe Interpretation Centre
- The Confluence
- No current news, please check back later
Posted by: SHR PR & Media (29th April 2016)
Posted by: DinkyBird (19th March 2016)
Posted by: Lesego (14th March 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Sunny< br>Min: 22°C / Max: 38°C