If you are interested in finding out more about elephant research and conservation, the ivory trade or the Magnificent Seven, you may find the following websites useful starting points.
SANParks does not explicitly endorse the work of any of these organizations and takes no responsibility for the quality of content found on these sites.
Elephant Research & Conservation
- African Elephant Bibliography: Comprehensive listing of over 4,500 references
- African Elephant Specialist Group of the World Conservation Union (IUCN) provides a range of technical resources for elephant conservation and management including an extensive bibliography and a peer-reviewed journal, Pachyderm
- African Wildlife Foundation's elephant conservation programme
- Amboseli Elephant Research Project: Kenya's long-running project, set up by Cynthia Moss over 30 years ago.
- Savanna Elephant Vocalization Project aims to give easy access to years of field studies related to elephant communication.
The Ivory Trade
- CITES' Elephant Trade Information System (ETIS)
- CITES' Monitoring the Illegal Killing of Elephants (MIKE) project
Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Hot & Useful Links
Did You Know?
- The surface area of Kruger National Park is 7,580 squared miles (19,633 squared km).