Poor Road Conditions and Repairs on the R538
Due to poor road conditions and repairs taking place on the R538 (between White River, Numbi Gate and Hazyview), guests are advised to avoid this road and Numbi Gate. The R40 (leading directly from White River to Hazyview) is recommended as it has recently been repaired and guests can access or exit the Park via the Phabeni or Kruger gates.
Where nearly 2 million hectares of unrivalled diversity of life forms fuses with historical and archaeological sights - this is real Africa.
The world-renowned Kruger National Park offers a wildlife experience that ranks with the best in Africa. Established in 1898 to protect the wildlife of the South African Lowveld, this national park of nearly 2 million hectares, SANParks - Kruger National Park is unrivalled in the diversity of its life forms and a world leader in advanced environmental management techniques and policies.
Truly the flagship of the South African national parks, Kruger is home to an impressive number of species: 336 trees, 49 fish, 34 amphibians - , 114 reptiles, 507 birds and 147 mammals. Man's interaction with the Lowveld environment over many centuries - from bushman rock paintings to majestic archaeological sites like Masorini and Thulamela - is very evident in the Kruger National Park. These treasures represent the cultures, persons and events that played a role in the history of the Kruger National Park and are conserved along with the park's natural assets.
Activities available include:
There are currently no promotions available. Please come back soon.
- 3 bedrooms, each with 3 single beds
- No Smoking
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- Communal Kitchen
- DSTV (Limited Channels)
- 3 single beds
- Media Release: Wild dog pack succumb to Canine Distemper - 27th May 2016
- Media Release: Dramatic escalation in fight against poaching as suspected poachers fire on SANParks helicopter - 26th May 2016
- Tshokwane and Afsaal temporarily suspend their kitchen facility service - 26th May 2016
- Kruger National Park interacts with stakeholders at Middelburg Mall - 25th May 2016
- Media Release: Balule low level bridge temporarily closes for maintenance - 25th May 2016
Posted by: ice (29th May 2016)
Posted by: MSI (27th May 2016)
Posted by: Lesego (26th May 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- Cultural artifacts of Stone Age man have been found for the period 100 000 to 30 000 years ago.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Tell Us What You Think
Min: 11°C / Max: 22°C
Min: 12°C / Max: 25°C
Min: 11°C / Max: 26°C