This page displays all information relevant to this park/camp, except the following:
“Holiday in a Holiday”-->
Talamati is a Xitsonga word that means "Lots of Water”. Yet, despite the meaning of the name, the river is actually dry.
The clay soil however, acts as a giant sponge holding a vast reservoir of underground water and keeping the vegetation lush all year round. Talamati Bushveld Camp is situated in a large open valley, affording superb game viewing opportunities. The luxuriant grassveld in the area attracts large herds of grazers, and the predators never lurk too far behind.
5 Things To Seek
- Tel: +27 (0)13 735 6343
- Fax: +27 (0)13 735 5544
- 10 x 2-bedroom units. Both bedrooms have ceiling fans and 2 single beds in each bedroom. One bedroom has a bathroom en-suite (shower, toilet, and washbasin) and there is a separate toilet and a separate bathroom with bath, shower and washbasin. The kitchen has a gas stove (with oven), refrigerator, sink, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. There are two sleeping bunk beds in the living room. The dining room is an open veranda.
- One 2-bedroom unit has recently been rebuilt. One bedroom has two single beds with bathroom en-suite (shower, toilet and washbasin). The other bedroom has a double bed with bathroom en-suite (bath, toilet and washbasin). Both bedrooms have ceiling fans and a double sleeper couch can be found in the lounge. The kitchen has a gas stove (with oven), refrigerator, sink, cooking utensils, microwave, crockery and cutlery. This unit does not have a veranda.
- 4 x 1-bedroom units. The bedroom has two single beds and a ceiling fan. There are two bench-beds in the living room, as well as a ceiling fan. The bathroom has a bath, toilet and washbasin and inter-leading doors to the bedroom and living room. The kitchen/dining room is an open veranda and has a two-plate gas stove (without oven), sink, refrigerator, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery.
The recommended or closest access to Talamati is via Orpen Gate. Accommodation at Talamati Bushveld Camp caters to a variety of guest requirements and is well suited for those Guests who are looking for a self-catering bushveld experience.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Activities & Facilities
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from reception.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone
- Mini Shop at Reception stocks basic items such as firewood and Telkom phone cards. There are no foodstuffs such as meat available.
- No ATM facility available
- Electricity (plug points) for appliances in rooms
- Boma - communal Braai (barbecue) area in camp
- Muzandzeni Picnic spot (23km from camp)
- Nhlanguleni Picnic spot (35km from camp)
- Bird Hide (in camp)
- Each accommodation unit has it’s own braai (barbecue) facilities
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
Head toward Nelspruit on the N4 and take the R540 Belfast turn off. At Lydenburg turn left onto the R36 heading north. 30km before Hoedspruit turn right onto the R531 and head to Orpen gate. Allow between 4 to 5 hours for the trip to the gate. Talamati Bushveld Camp is 30 km away from the gate. Allow about 1 ½ hours for the drive to the camp, however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give yourself more time!include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/gate_times.inc.php'); include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/gps-coordinates.inc.php'); ?>
- General tariffs information
- 2015/2016 Tariffs
- Pensioners' discount
- Daily conservation fee
- Pre-booked/Advanced Reservations for Day Visits
- Tariffs for Kruger outdoor activities and guided game walks / drives
- View pictures of Talamati accommodation and availability
Please ensure that your stay is happy and safe by taking note of a few simple warnings. You will be sharing your stay with many exciting and unusual creatures but without knowledge some of them could be dangerous:
- Bats, Spiders, Snakes, Scorpions, Malaria Zone
If you must walk around at night please DO NOT DO SO WITHOUT A TORCH.
Remember: by feeding any wildlife, you are signing their death warrant as they become aggressive!
Kruger is in a summer rainfall area. Such precipitation is usually convectional and can result in heavy downpours. The summer months (October to April) are hot and often balmy. Winters are warm and mild, although visitors going on night-drives will require warm clothing.
Only residents are allowed in the camp and on the access roads to Talamati Bush Camp. Talamati Bush Camp can be booked through Central Reservations and is a wonderful bush experience for all. Talamati Bush Camp is situated within easy reach of the larger rest camps so that guests can make use of the larger camps amenities if needed.
The recommended or closest access to Talamati is via Orpen Gate.
Flora and Fauna
Track rhino, elephant and lion on foot while learning and observing fascinating facts about the African bush.
Some of the animals to be seen in the area are giraffe, kudu, eland, impala, zebra, rhino, buffalo, lion and hyena. Animal activity at the water hole is an 24 hour experience so insomniacs can keep an eye out after sunset to spot some of the more elusive nocturnal wildlife coming to drink.
Talamati Camp is a good game viewing region in a sloping valley and hill area, that is dominated by knob thorn and bushwillow trees.
For more birding information and park bird checklist, go to Information for Birders
People with disabilities
Please see additional information on Wheelchair Accessibility
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?