This page displays all information relevant to this park/camp, except the following:
“Holiday in a Holiday”-->
Talamati is a Xitsonga word that means "Lots of Water”. Yet, despite the meaning of the name, the river is actually dry.
The clay soil however, acts as a giant sponge holding a vast reservoir of underground water and keeping the vegetation lush all year round. Talamati Bushveld Camp is situated in a large open valley, affording superb game viewing opportunities. The luxuriant grassveld in the area attracts large herds of grazers, and the predators never lurk too far behind.
5 Things To Seek
- Tel: +27 (0)13 735 6343
- Fax: +27 (0)13 735 5544
- 10 x 2-bedroom units. Both bedrooms have ceiling fans and 2 single beds in each bedroom. One bedroom has a bathroom en-suite (shower, toilet, and washbasin) and there is a separate toilet and a separate bathroom with bath, shower and washbasin. The kitchen has a gas stove (with oven), refrigerator, sink, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. There are two sleeping bunk beds in the living room. The dining room is an open veranda.
- One 2-bedroom unit has recently been rebuilt. One bedroom has two single beds with bathroom en-suite (shower, toilet and washbasin). The other bedroom has a double bed with bathroom en-suite (bath, toilet and washbasin). Both bedrooms have ceiling fans and a double sleeper couch can be found in the lounge. The kitchen has a gas stove (with oven), refrigerator, sink, cooking utensils, microwave, crockery and cutlery. This unit does not have a veranda.
- 4 x 1-bedroom units. The bedroom has two single beds and a ceiling fan. There are two bench-beds in the living room, as well as a ceiling fan. The bathroom has a bath, toilet and washbasin and inter-leading doors to the bedroom and living room. The kitchen/dining room is an open veranda and has a two-plate gas stove (without oven), sink, refrigerator, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery.
The recommended or closest access to Talamati is via Orpen Gate. Accommodation at Talamati Bushveld Camp caters to a variety of guest requirements and is well suited for those Guests who are looking for a self-catering bushveld experience.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Activities & Facilities
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from reception.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone
- Mini Shop at Reception stocks basic items such as firewood and Telkom phone cards. There are no foodstuffs such as meat available.
- No ATM facility available
- Electricity (plug points) for appliances in rooms
- Boma - communal Braai (barbecue) area in camp
- Muzandzeni Picnic spot (23km from camp)
- Nhlanguleni Picnic spot (35km from camp)
- Bird Hide (in camp)
- Each accommodation unit has it’s own braai (barbecue) facilities
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
Head toward Nelspruit on the N4 and take the R540 Belfast turn off. At Lydenburg turn left onto the R36 heading north. 30km before Hoedspruit turn right onto the R531 and head to Orpen gate. Allow between 4 to 5 hours for the trip to the gate. Talamati Bushveld Camp is 30 km away from the gate. Allow about 1 ½ hours for the drive to the camp, however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give yourself more time!include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/gate_times.inc.php'); include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/gps-coordinates.inc.php'); ?>
Accommodation & Camping Tariffsinclude($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>