Skukuza is the Kruger National Park's largest rest camp and administrative headquarters.
It is situated on the southern banks of the Sabie River. The camp is well foliaged and there are some lofty trees along the river’s edge. Activities and facilities are diverse, as are the animals and plants found both within the camp and in the surrounding areas.
The ABSA Guest House has been renamed the Wild Fig Guest House.
5 Things To Seek
- Fruit Bat
- Thick–tailed Bush Baby
- Spotted Hyena
- Purple–crested Lourie
- Reception tel: +27 (0)13 735 4196
- Reservations tel: +27 (0)13 735 4265
- Fax: +27 (0)13 735 4060
- Mobile: 082 802 1204
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Hot & Useful Links
Did You Know?
- The park was first proclaimed in 1898 as the Sabie Game Reserve by the then president of the Transvaal Republic, Paul Kruger. He first proposed the need to protect the animals of the Lowveld in 1884, but his revolutionary vision took another 12 years to be realised when the area between the Sabie and Crocodile Rivers was set aside for restricted hunting.