This page displays all information relevant to this park/camp, except the following:
5 Things To Seek
- Fruit Bat
- Thick–tailed Bush Baby
- Spotted Hyena
- Purple–crested Lourie
- Reception tel: +27 (0)13 735 4196
- Reservations tel: +27 (0)13 735 4265
- Fax: +27 (0)13 735 4060
- Mobile: 082 802 1204
- 80 x tent or caravan sites, with power point. Communal ablutions and cooking facilities. (24-hour boiling water, electric hotplates and washing up facilities) Maximum of 6 persons per site.
- 12 x 2-bed and 8 x 4-bed permanent furnished canvas tents on stilts, including a fridge, standing fan inside tent and small veranda. Communal ablutions and communal kitchens available.
- 178 x round–walled, single-room African style units with thatched roofs, 2 or 3 beds per unit, equipped with en-suite ablutions (most with showers, but some with baths). Some units have air-conditioning, some have fans. Kitchenettes vary: some have hotplates and sinks; some have only sinks, while some have neither. Cutlery and crockery can be provided and hired from reception. Please confirm when booking.
- 20 x 1 bedroom units, with en-suite bathroom. The units each have a double bed, quality decor, air-conditioning and television offering limited DSTV channels. You have a choice of luxury units with a riverside view and kitchen, or semi-lux units without a river view and with communal kitchen. Bungalows along the river frontage have a more modern design with glass sliding doors.
- This unit forms part of the Waterkant Guest House complex and is known as Waterkant 2. It offers a well equipped kitchen, 4 bedrooms, (2 single beds in each room), a living room, one bathroom and a river view.
- 15 x 4 or 6-bed units with well equipped kitchens, multiple bedrooms and usually more than one bathroom. Some have 2 double beds so visitors should confirm bed numbers and interior contents when booking.
- These are large luxury units in prime positions, all with river view. There are well-equipped kitchens (with microwave ovens), multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Limited channel DSTV televisions are provided.
- Moni: Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room)
- Nyathi: Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room)
- Waterkant 1: Sleeps 8 with 4 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room)
- ABSA: Sleeps 12, with 6 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room)
Accommodation at Skukuza Rest Camp caters to a variety of guest requirements. Choose anything from luxury, self catering, caravanning or camping accommodation for your stay in the wilderness. Why rush? Stay longer!
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Activities & Facilities
- Guided Bush Walks
- Game Drives (in the company of trained field guides)
- Bush Breakfast and Bush Braai (Barbecue). Includes game drive to venue. Confirm availability when booking.
- 9-hole Golf Course
- Stevenson Hamilton Memorial Library
- Metsi Metsi Wilderness Trail (pre-booked overnight activity)
- Kids Educational Programme (Seasonal)
- Lake Panic Bird Hide (located approximately 7km outside the camp)
- Through prior arrangement with the camp, catered traditional dances can be arranged.
- Wildlife films every evening (except Sundays)
- Tariffs for Activities
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from reception.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone
- Post Office
- Car Hire
- 2 x Restaurants
- FNB Bank facility available
- Filling Station
- Communal Kitchens
- Communal Ablutions
- Cutlery and Plates Hampers (from Reception)
- Garage with Workshop
- Basic First Aid Assistance
- Auditorium and Conference Facilities
- Day Visitor Picnic Area (located 4km outside the camp) with own swimming pool
- 2 swimming pools in camp (for overnight residents only)
- Car Wash
- TVs (limited DSTV) available in Luxury Units only
- Cellphone reception
- Skukuza Indigenous Nursery (located approximately 5km outside camp):
- Contact: Michelle Hofmeyr
Tel no.: +27 13 735 4312
- Contact: Michelle Hofmeyr
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
There are daily flights to the Kruger Park operating from Johannesburg to the recently reopened Skukuza Airport, Phalaborwa Airport, Hoedspruit Airport and the Kruger/Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) located between Nelspruit and White River. Daily flights also operate to Skukuza from Cape Town. KMIA also receives daily flights from Durban and Cape Town, and there is also a flight from Cape Town to Hoedspruit.
No private aircraft may land at Skukuza Airport without prior permission from the Skukuza Airport Management Company acting on behalf of the Park Director. To obtain this, a Skukuza landing permission and indemnification form must be sent via email to email@example.com.
Airlink's scheduled air services to Skukuza airport:
|OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg)||Skukuza Airport||10:00|
|Cape Town International Airport||Skukuza Airport||10:35|
|Skukuza Airport||Cape Town International Airport||11:20|
|Skukuza Airport||OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg)||13:20|
Visit www.skukuzaairport.com for additional information.
Paul Kruger Gate
Take the N4 to Nelspruit. Then take the R40 to Hazyview via White River. From Hazyview, take the R536 to the gate. Allow between 5 to 6 hours for the trip to the gate. Skukuza Rest Camp is 12 km away from the gate. Allow about 30 minutes for the drive to the camp.
Take the N4 to Nelspruit. Then take the R40 to Hazyview via White River. From Hazyview, take the R536 to the gate. Phabeni Gate is approximately 10 km from Hazyview. Allow between 5 to 6 hours for the trip to the gate. Skukuza Rest Camp is 39 km from the gate. Allow about 1 and ¾ of an hour for the drive to the camp.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/gate_times.inc.php'); include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/gps-coordinates.inc.php'); ?>
Accommodation & Camping Tariffsinclude($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>