This page displays all information relevant to this park/camp, except the following:
“Best kept secret in the Kruger National Park”-->
‘Sirheni’ is a Tsonga word that means ‘cemetery’, after a type of elephant graveyard at a site near to the camp.
Sirheni Bushveld Camp nestles on the edge of the Kruger National Park’s northern plains within the Mopane veld of the region. The Mphongolo River, lies next to the camp. The accommodation facilities and the camp’s two bird hides overlook the river and a wide variety of game and birds are attracted to it. Visitors have been awakened to the sounds of lion and hyena, as there are often kills at the river. Sirheni has a resident leopard that is seen on a regular basis, often coming down to drink at the river.
5 Things To Seek
- Resident Leopard
- Sable Antelope
- Roan Antelope
- Tel: +27 (013) 735 6860
- Fax: +27 (0)13 735 6095
- 5 x 4-bed units, (2 single beds) equipped with separate shower, WC and basin, lounge with two bench beds, a fully equipped kitchen and an outside roofed veranda.
- 9 x 6 sleeper units. These units consist of 2 bedrooms (one bedroom with a double bed and en-suite bathroom, and one bedroom with 2 single beds) and 2 sleeper couches in the lounge. There is a separate bathroom with shower. Units have a fully equipped kitchen and have ceiling fans.
• 1 x 6 sleeper unit that consists of 4 single beds and 2 sleeper couches. This unit has 2 bedrooms and a (limited channel) DSTV system, separate bathroom with shower, fully equipped kitchen and ceiling fans.
Accommodation at Sirheni Bushveld Camp caters to a variety of guest requirements and is well suited for those Guests who are looking for a self-catering bushveld experience.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Activities & Facilities
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from reception.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>
- Information at Reception.
- There is a public telephone.
- Mini Shop at Reception stocks basic items such as firewood, ice and Telkom phone cards. There are no foodstuffs such as meat available.
- No ATM facility available
- Communal Freezer facility.
- No electricity (plug points) available for appliances in units.
- Each accommodation unit has it’s own braai (barbecue) facilities.
- No cellphone reception.
- A boma (communal braai/barbeque facility) at the perimeter of the fence overlooking the river.
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
Punda Maria Gate
Take the N1 to Polokwane (Pietersburg). At Makhado (Louis Trichard) link up with the R524 and follow this route for ±140 km. That will take you to the gate. Allow between 5 to 6 hours for the trip to the gate. Sirheni Bushveld Camp is 54km away from the gate. Allow about 2 hours for the drive to the camp, however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give yourself more time!
Accommodation & Camping Tariffsinclude($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>