- 50 x tent or caravan sites, with power point and rotating braai (barbeque) grids. Communal ablutions and cooking facilities (24-hour boiling water, electric hotplates and washing up facilities). Maximum of 6 persons per site.
- 12 x 3-bed rustic units with communal ablution facilities. There are no cooking utensils, crockery or cutlery, but a communal kitchen with scullery and electric hotplate stoves is available. A small fridge can be found on the little veranda. There is no air-conditioning.
- 14 x 2-bed units with communal kitchen. Bungalows are equipped with ablutions (most with showers, but some with baths), toilet and wash basin. All bungalows have air-conditioning. A limited number of fully equipped utensil boxes (cutlery, crockery, glasses and frying pan) are available for hire. Contact reception upon check-in.
- 22 x 2-bed modern units (one room with 2 single beds). Bungalows each have an open air kitchen with cooker top, combined fridge/freezer and fully equipped with cutlery, crockery and utensils. All units have air conditioning.
- 28 x 3-bed units (1 room with 3 single beds and 1 fold-down bed) with kitchens. Bungalows are equipped with toilet, a shower and wash basin. All bungalows are equipped with air-conditioning.
- 2 x double bed units . Equipped with en-suite bathroom containing shower, toilet and wash basin. Bungalows each have an open-air kitchen with cooker top, microwave, combined fridge/freezer and are fully equipped with cutlery, crockery and utensils. Both bungalows are equipped with air-conditioning.
- 1 x 4-bed unit, (1 room with double bed and 1 with 2 single beds), fully equipped with 2 bathrooms, (1 en-suite) kitchen and air-conditioning. The open air kitchen has a cooker plate, dining room/lounge and outside braai facility, fridge/freezer combination, sink, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. The cottage is equipped with a microwave oven.
- This is a large luxury unit in prime position with a riverside view. It is well–equipped with kitchen (with microwave oven), 3 bedrooms and bathrooms. Limited channel DSTV television is provided. There are also communal braai (barbecue) facilities.
- Rentmeester: Sleeps 8, with 3 bedrooms, (2 bedrooms with double bed, 1 bedroom with 2 single beds and a double sleeper couch in the lounge).
Accommodation at Shingwedzi Rest Camp caters to a variety of guest requirements and is well suited for those Guests who are looking for a self-catering bushveld experience. Why rush? Stay longer!
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Hot & Useful Links
Did You Know?
- There are almost 254 known cultural heritage sites in the Kruger National Park, including nearly 130 recorded rock art sites.