This page displays all information relevant to this park/camp, except the following:
“An experience you’ll never forget”-->
On the banks of the Pioneer Dam in the Kruger National Park, lies it’s best kept secret.
Named after the mopane veld that surrounds the camp, Mopani Rest Camp nestles amongst the Mopani tree covered koppies. A signature feature is the huge gnarled old baobab tree in the heart of the camp. The vegetation inside the camp is left as found in the wild, adding to the unique atmosphere of the camp.
5 Things To Seek
- African Fish Eagle
- Mopani Trees
- Tel: +27 (0)13 735 6535/6
- Fax: +27 (0)13 735 6547
- Mobile: 082 802 1113
- 43 x 4-bed units (2 single beds and 2 bunk beds in alcove), fully equipped with one bathroom, veranda with kitchenette and outside braai (barbecue).
- 2 x 4-bed units, accessible to wheelchairs, (2 single beds and 2 bunk beds in alcove), fully equipped with one bathroom, veranda with kitchenette and outside braai (barbecue).
- 12 x 4 bed units (1 room with 2 single beds and 2 sleeper couches in the lounge), fully equipped with two bathrooms (one en-suite), veranda with kitchenette and outside braai.
- 45 x 6 bed units (3 bedrooms with 2 single beds in each), fully equipped with two bathrooms (one en-suite) kitchen, lounge/dining area, large veranda and outside braai.
- This is a large luxury unit in prime position with a view of the dam. It is well-equipped with kitchen (with microwave oven), multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Limited channel DSTV television is provided. Sleeping cottages are loose standing from the lounge/dining area. There are also braai (barbecue) facilities.
- Xanatseni: Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms, (1 room with a double bed, with 2 single beds each in the other rooms). One of the bedrooms is accessible to people in wheelchairs.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to tariffs
Activities & Facilities
- **New Activity on offer** - Sunset Drive-Boma Braai Combo
- Bookings: Via Mopani Rest Camp Reception on tel: (013) 735 6535/6 - payments can also be processed at the camp.
- Guided Bush Walks
- Game Drives (in the company of trained field guides)
- Bush Breakfast and Bush Braai (Barbecue). Includes game drive to venue. Confirm availability when booking.
- In camp trail walk
- Shipandani sleep-over Bird Hide (located 3km outside the camp)
- Tropic of Capricorn: (located 12km north of the camp)
- Pioneer Dam Bird Hide (located 4km outside the camp)
- Wildlife films (shown daily at reception during office hours)
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from reception.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone (Phone cards on sale at Reception, Airtime available in the Shop)
- Post Box
- Conference Facilities
- Ladies Bar
- Swimming Pool
- Mini ATM facility available in the restaurant
- Filling Station
- Basic First Aid Assistance
- Day Visitors Picnic Area in camp
- DSTV (limited channels) only available in Guest House
- TV in the Bar (DSTV with limited channels)
- Car wash
- Cellphone reception
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
The closest airport to Mopani is Gateway Airport situated in Phalaborwa. Gateway is situated approximately 3km from Phalaborwa Gate. There are daily scheduled flights between Gateway and OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
By Road: Phalaborwa Gate
Take the N1 toll-road to Polokwane (Pietersburg). 4km before Polokwane turn right onto the R71 and head for Tzaneen. After Tzaneen, head towards Phalaborwa and the gate. Allow between 6 to 7 hours for the trip to the gate. Mopani camp is approximately 74km away from the gate. Allow about 3 hours for the drive to the camp, however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give yourself more time!
Accommodation & Camping Tariffsinclude($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>