This page displays all information relevant to this park/camp, except the following:
Malelane camp can be found where the rolling fields of sugar cane of the neighbouring farms and the majestic savannah of the Kruger National Park are separated by the powerful Crocodile River.
The camp is unique because it is the only camp to be placed on a boundary, the southern border of the Kruger National Park. Malelane camp has the added benefit of being a very small camp, with fewer guests than found in the main camps, adding to a more intimate bush experience. Conveniently placed close to the Malelane Entrance Gate, the small town of Malelane and the N4 / Maputo Corridor, it offers classic Kruger self catering accommodation and camping facilities.
5 Things to seek
- Fish Eagle
- Wild Dog
- Giant Sycamore Fig
- Tel: +27 (0)13 735 6152
Fax: +27 (0)13 790 1075
- 15 x tent or caravan sites, with power point. Communal ablutions and cooking facilities. Maximum of 6 persons per site.
- 4 x round bungalow units with 4 single beds. Equipped with ablutions (all with showers), air-conditioning, refrigerator and communal kitchen. Each unit is equipped with a grocery cupboard with cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils.
- 1 x round bungalow unit with 3 single beds. Equipped with ablutions (all with showers), air-conditioning, refrigerator and communal kitchen. Each unit is equipped with a grocery cupboard with cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils.
Malelane camp is managed form Malelane Gate and has no Reception area. Guests are required to report to Malelane Gate for check-in.
Accommodation at Malelane camp is ideal for backpacking, camping and caravanning communities looking for a self-catering bushveld experience.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Activities & Facilities
- Game Drives (in the company of trained field guides)
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from reception at Malelane Gate.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>
- One communal kitchen
- One ablution block
- There are no shop or restaurant facilities available.
- No ATM facility available.
- No reception office at camp
- Communal freezer
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
Take the N4 to Nelspruit and head through Nelspruit to Malelane.
Then turn left at the Kruger National Park sign just outside Malelane and head to the gate. Allow between 4 to 5 hours for the trip to the gate. Malelane camp is approximately 5km away from the gate. Allow about 10 minutes for the drive to the camp, however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give yourself more time!
- General Tariffs Information
- 2014/2015 Tariffs
- Pensioners' Discount
- Daily conservation fee
- Pre-booked/Advanced Reservations for Day Visits
- Tariffs for Kruger Outdoor Activities and Guided Game Walks / Drives
People with disabilities
(Please see additional information on Wheelchair Accessibility)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?