Lion Sands Kruger
Lion Sands Kruger is situated on the banks of the Sabie river, in the prime game-viewing area of the Kruger National Park.
The Sabie river has the highest recorded density of leopards in Africa, and one of the highest predator densities. This river is also said to have the richest biodiversity of any South African river, with many endangered and rare species (mammals, birds, reptiles and plants) being found in the area.
Lion Sands Kruger has an exclusive 5,000 hectare concession within this area, where guests can view the wildlife on game drives or bush walks, whilst accompanied by SANParks-qualified guides. Lion Sands Kruger vehicles also have access to the entire Kruger road network, thus allowing guests to view the areas of historical significance and aesthetic beauty that the southern Kruger has to offer.
Lion Sands Kruger ’s twin lodges, Tinga and Narina, each comprise nine luxury suites. The suites are well spaced to ensure exclusivity, and each one is equipped with its own heated plunge pool and private viewing deck, and an unobstructed view of the Sabie river. The Sabie river is the lifeblood of the southern Kruger, and many visitors are treated to some spectacular sightings from the decks of their suites. With a focus on exclusivity, Lion Sands Kruger also offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a private dinner or wellness treatment on the decks of the suites.
As a concession lodge, Lion Sands Kruger adheres to the ecological mandate of SANParks, and all activities are undertaken with an aim to minimise ecological impact in the area.
Tel: +27 (0) 11 880-9992
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Hot & Useful Links
Did You Know?
- The park was first proclaimed in 1898 as the Sabie Game Reserve by the then president of the Transvaal Republic, Paul Kruger. He first proposed the need to protect the animals of the Lowveld in 1884, but his revolutionary vision took another 12 years to be realised when the area between the Sabie and Crocodile Rivers was set aside for restricted hunting.