Rhino Walking Safaris
Rhino Walking Safaris specialises in luxury walking safaris in 12,000 hectares of pristine bushveld in the only wilderness concession in the Kruger National Park.
The concession shares a 15 km unfenced boundary with the famous Mala Mala and Sabi Sands reserve, with an abundance of wildlife moving freely between the two reserves. Follow animal trails on foot through this environmentally sensitive area that offers the Big Five as well as a diversity of fauna and flora.
The main lodge, Rhino Post Safari Lodge is set under magnificent Tamboti trees and is built with natural materials – stone, wood, thatch and canvas - to give it an authentic bush feel. Stilts raise the 8 spaciously appointed suites from the riverbank allowing guests to view the Mutlumuvi riverbed with ease from the bedroom, bathroom and private wooden deck. The suites are set out in an open plan style with wooden floors, thatched roofs, canvas walls and an overhead fan. In the heat of summer, cool off in the swimming pool and watch the wildlife amble down to the waterhole for a midday drink. At sundown, enjoy a cocktail in the comfort of the lounge with its extensive wine cellar, cosy fireplace and bar.
Plains Camp has four African explorer-style tents nestled in an Acacia Knobthorn thicket, which overlooks the spectacular Timbitene plain with its abundant wildlife. This 8-bed camp is built in authentic pioneer tradition and reflects the ambience of a 19th century naturalist’s retreat. By prior arrangement guests can also enjoy a night under the stars at the Sleep Outs, which are elevated wooden platforms.
Phone: +27 (0) 11 467 1886
Rhino Walking Safari's is proudly associated with Isibindi Africa Lodges
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Hot & Useful Links
Did You Know?
- On 31 May 1926 the National Parks Act was proclaimed and with it the merging of the Sabie and Shingwedzi Game Reserves into the Kruger National Park. The first motorists entered the park in 1927 for a fee of one pound.