This page displays all information relevant to this park/camp, except the following:
“Service through excellence”-->
This small and delightful camp is situated in the south-eastern corner of the Kruger National Park, on the northern bank of the Crocodile River, from which it derives its name.
After an early morning game drive, one can retire from the Lowveld heat to a lunch of prawns before coming back for late afternoon game viewing. The game viewing area is known as the ‘Southern Circle’ and is renowned for its concentration of different prides of lion with different hunting techniques and behaviour. It has an abundance of prides, herds, troops, packs and swarms. It is home to a larger percentage of the Kruger National Park‘s total rhino population. Come and experience humans living in harmony with nature. Here one has the ability to experience the sharp contrast between the wilderness and the world out there.
5 Things To Seek
- Spotted Hyena
Contact Crocodile Bridge
- Tel: +27 (0)13 735 6012
- Fax: +27 (0)13 735 6000
- Mobile: 082 801 9898
- 18 x tent or caravan sites, with power point and rotating braai grids. Communal ablutions and cooking facilities (24-hour boiling water, electric hotplates and washing up facilities). Maximum of 6 persons per site.
- 8 x 2-bed permanent furnished canvas tents (one accessible to wheelchairs) with shower, a fridge, standing fan inside tent and small veranda. Communal ablutions and communal kitchens available.
- 20 x 2 or 3-bed units, equipped with en-suite bathrooms (showers, no baths) and air-conditioning. Kitchenettes have hotplates and sinks. Two units are fully accessible for people using wheelchairs.
Accommodation at Crocodile Bridge Rest Camp caters to a variety of guest requirements and is well suited for those Guests who are looking for a self-catering bushveld experience. Why rush? Stay longer!
To view the accommodation prices, refer to tariffs
Activities & Facilities
- Guided Bush Walks
- Game Drives (in the company of trained field guides)
- Lebombo Eco-Trail (pre-booked overnight activity)
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from reception.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone
- Post Box
- Shop, with small take-away food section
- No ATM facility available.
- Filling Station
- Communal Kitchens
- Communal Ablutions
- Cutlery and Plates Hampers (enquire at Reception)
- Basic First Aid Assistance
- Basic Day Visitor Picnic Area in camp
- Cellphone Reception
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
The closest airport to Crocodile Bridge is Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) that is situated between Nelspruit and White River.
KMIA is situated approximately 25km from Nelspruit and about 120km from Crocodile Bridge Gate. There are daily scheduled flights between KMIA and OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, with less frequent flights from Cape Town and Durban International Airports respectively.
By Road: Crocodile Bridge Gate
Take the N4 to Nelspruit. Head through Nelspruit to Malelane and on to Komatipoort (about 110 km). Then turn left onto the R571 just after Komatipoort and head on to the gate. Allow between 5 to 6 hours for the trip to the gate. Crocodile Bridge camp is right at the gate.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/gate_times.inc.php'); include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/gps-coordinates.inc.php'); ?>
Accommodation & Camping Tariffsinclude($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>