This page displays all information relevant to this park/camp, except the following:
"A piece of the bush"-->
Boulders Bush Lodge, situated approximately 25km south of Mopani, is embedded in the rocky outcrops found in the north of the Kruger National Park.
The majestic rocks form a backdrop to the units that are built on stilts, with wooden boardwalks connecting the bedrooms to the communal area. The rooms are spaced closely together, without losing their privacy, making it suitable for groups made up of close families and friends that want to experience nature's tranquillity together. The viewing deck affords guests an unhindered view of the mopane veld plains, surrounding a private waterhole.
5 Things To Seek
- Tawny Eagle
- Giant Eagle Owl
- Tel: +27 (0)13 735 6535/6
- Fax: +27 (0)13 735 6547
A bush lodge is an exclusive, private lodge with a unique style and atmosphere, with multiple rooms and bathrooms.
It provides the opportunity for guests to enjoy complete privacy, as only residents are allowed entrance to the lodge area. A bush lodge must be reserved en bloc. Boulders can accommodate a maximum of 12 persons at a time.
- All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. Solar panels provide power for lights and fans only.
- The main sleeping unit has two bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms (one with a bath, the other with a shower)
- There are also four separate bungalows with bathrooms (bath and shower).
- The living area comprises of a fully equipped kitchen, dining room, bar, lounge, braai and viewing deck. The kitchen has a gas stove with oven, refrigerator, freezer, cutlery and crockery. Braai (barbecue) facilities are provided.
Boulders Bush Lodge is managed form Mopani camp and has no Reception area.
Guests are required to report to Mopani camp for check-in. Accommodation at Boulders Bush Lodge is well suited for those Guests who are looking for a private, self-catering bushveld experience.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to tariffs
Activities & Facilities
No activities are available from Boulders Bush Lodge.
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from reception at Mopani.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>
- No electricity (plug points) available for appliances in units
- No shop or restaurant available
- No Reception office at camp
- No cell phone reception available
- The nearest camp is Mopani (approximately 25km)
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
Take the N1 toll-road to Polokwane (Pietersburg). 40km before Polokwane turn right onto the R71 and head for Tzaneen. After Tzaneen head towards Phalaborwa and the gate. Allow between 6 to 7 hours for the trip to the gate. Boulders Bush Lodge is approximately 55km away from the gate. Allow about 2 hours and 20 minutes for the drive to the camp, however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give yourself more time!include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/gate_times.inc.php'); include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/gps-coordinates.inc.php'); ?>
- General tariffs information
- 2015/2016 Tariffs
- Pensioners' discount
- Daily conservation fee
- Pre-booked/Advanced Reservations for Day Visits
- Tariffs for Kruger outdoor activities and guided game walks / drives
- View pictures of Boulders Bush Lodge accommodation and availability
Exclusive private lodge for residents only.
- Boulders residents to check in at Mopani Camp
Please ensure that your stay is happy and safe by taking note of a few simple warnings. You will be sharing your stay with many exciting and unusual creatures but without knowledge some of them could be dangerous:
- Bats, Spiders, Snakes, Scorpions, Malaria Zone
If you must walk around at night please DO NOT DO SO WITHOUT A TORCH.
Remember: by feeding any wildlife, you are signing their death warrant as they become aggressive!
Kruger is in a summer rainfall area. Such precipitation is usually convectional and can result in heavy downpours. The summer months (October to April) are hot and often balmy. Winters are warm and mild, although visitors going on night-drives will require warm clothing.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?