This page displays all information relevant to this park/camp, except the following:
"Soar with the eagles"-->
This delightful camp is situated on the banks of the Mashokwe spruit approximately 40km south west of Shingwedzi in the beautiful northern Mopane/Woodland savannah of the Kruger National Park.
Named after the majestic eagle, Bateleur, being the oldest and the smallest of the bushveld camps, offers a unique atmosphere and superb game viewing. One of the many features Bateleur offers is a game-viewing hide that overlooks a waterhole just outside the camp. Two dams, Silwervis and Rooibosrand, are within close range of the camp and are restricted to the residents of Bateleur - good to know as there will never be a traffic jam even if the camp is full.
5 Things To Seek
- Bateleur Eagle
- Blue Wildebeest
- Tel: +27 (0)13 735-6843
- Fax: +27 (0)13 735-6844
- 3 x 6-bed cottages and 4 x 4-bed cottages, all fully equipped.
- Many of the bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms and each bedroom is either air-conditioned or has a ceiling fan. Kitchens are fully equipped and have microwave ovens.
- All accommodation units are serviced daily and supplied with bedding, towels and soap. Each unit has its own braai (barbecue) facilities and wood can be bought from the mini shop at reception.
- Each unit has its own electricity points and TVs with SABC 1, 2, 3 and e-TV channels.
Bateleur Bushveld Camp is the best equipped of the bushveld camps in the Kruger National Park and is suited for those Guests who are looking for a luxury bushveld experience.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Activities & Facilities
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from reception.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephones
- Mini shop - stocks basic items such as firewood, ice and Telkom phone cards, there are no foodstuffs such as meat available.
- The is no ATM facility available.
- Conference Facilities - for 30 persons in lecture configuration.
- Available equipment includes projection screen, white board, TV with DSTV, video recorder, overhead projector and slide projector.
- Boma Braai with DSTV, please supply own food and drinks - we will see to the rest.
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
Take the N1 toll-road to Polokwane (Pietersburg). 40 km before Polokwane turn right onto the R71 and head for Tzaneen. After Tzaneen, head towards Phalaborwa and the gate. Allow between 6 to 7 hours for the trip to the gate. Bateleur Bushveld Camp is 140 km away from the gate. Allow about 4 hours for the drive to the bush camp; however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give yourself more time!include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/gate_times.inc.php'); include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/gps-coordinates.inc.php'); ?>