How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
- Take the N1 toll-road to Polokwane (Pietersburg).
- 40km before Polokwane turn right onto the R71 and head for Tzaneen.
- After Tzaneen, head towards Phalaborwa and the gate. Allow between 6 to 7 hours for the trip to the gate.
- Balule camp is 85km away from the gate. Allow about 3 hours for the drive to the camp, however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give yourself more time!
See the relevant gate times for Kruger's camps.
Check out the list of all your GPS coordinates for Kruger's camps.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
View and download maps.
Did You Know?
- Cultural artifacts of Stone Age man have been found for the period 100 000 to 30 000 years ago.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Tell Us What You Think
Min: 18°C / Max: 30°C
Min: 21°C / Max: 35°C
Min: 22°C / Max: 35°C