Telephone line issues
Please note that the Park is currently experiencing problems with its normal telephone number. Should you not get through on 023 415 2828, please try 023 414 7080 instead. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Closure of Klipplaatsfontein 4x4 route
Please note that the Park’s Klipplaatsfontein 4x4 route has been temporarily closed. We apologise for any inconvenience and will advise once it has been re-opened.
Towards late afternoon, the great, unyielding canopy slowly softens its fierceness, and from pastel shades of pink and blue, the colours deepen, setting the endless Karoo canvas ablaze with glorious hues of orange and red.
The Great Karoo is a vast and unforgiving landscape of which the Karoo National Park is but a small portion. Being the largest ecosystem in South Africa, the Karoo is home to a fascinating diversity of life, all having adapted to survive in these harsh conditions. Karoo National Park is dominated by the lofty Nuweveld Mountains and rolling plains, where many species that originally occurred here now once again occupy their former ranges.
The Karoo National Park has a wide variety of endemic wildlife. Many species have been relocated to their former ranges - such as brown hyena, lion and Cape mountain zebra. Over 20 breeding pairs of Verreaux's eagle find sanctuary within the park. There is also a wide diversity of succulent plants and small reptiles.
Five main attractions:
- Rooivalle lookout point
- Bulkraal picnic site
- Fossil trail
- Ou Schuur Interpretive Centre
There are currently no promotions available. Please come back soon.
- 1 bedroom with double bed
- Breakfast included
- DSTV (Limited Channels)
- Additional vehicles will be charged fee per night
- Reception open 07:00 to 19:00 (Gate till 22:00)
- 2 bedrooms, 1 single bed and 1 queen size bed
- 2 en-suite bathrooms with Wc, bath and shower
- Breakfast included
- Media Release: Karoo lion finds a new home at Addo - 27th May 2016
- Media Release: Karoo National Park's Junior Rangers get ant wise - 12th May 2016
- Media Release: Guests to Parks, Camping and Activity figures up in SANParks' Frontier Region Parks - 26th April 2016
- Media Release: Karoo Lion to move to Addo Elephant National Park - 12th April 2016
- Media Release: Update on Karoo lion - 4th April 2016
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?