The Garden Route National Park and associates offers the following activities related to Cultural Tourism:
- Situated 30km from Knsysna off Rheenendal Road via Goudveld Entrance Kiosk.
- Dalene Matthee Memorial
- Circles in a Forest trail (3,1km Near Krisjan-se-nek Pieknic Site)
- Millwood Guided mine tours (bookings 082 347 2540 / 082 409 2070)
- Mother Holly Tea Room and Museum
- Situated 20km via Uniondale road from Knysna.
- King Edward Big Tree
- Forest Legends Museum (open office hours)
- Elephant trails (various distances, map available at Diepwalle office)
- Saamstaan Tea Room
Tsitsikamma (via N2)
- Tsitiskamma Khoisan Village (Alongside N2 at Bloukrans River)
- Stanley Grootboom is hosting a Cultural Show on 18 June 2011. The Show will feature the Khoisan Culture with song, dance and drama. The tickets are R95. It will start at 18:30.Traditional Potjie kos are optional.
- Various Forest Trails (maps available from Stormsriver Village office)
- Tsitsikamma Big Tree (alongside N2)
- Stormsriver Mouth Rest Camp
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Hot & Useful Links
Did You Know?
- The GRNP has the single largest block of Afromontane forest in South Africa including the Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma sandstone fynbos areas, Mountains, forest and coast in close proximity and scenic beauty.