Facilities & guided activities for school groups
The staff of Garden Route National Park is committed to manage this park for the pride and joy of all South Africans.
Through our Environmental Interpretation and Education programme, we aim to instill a conservation ethic in the people of our beautiful country with its rich cultural and natural heritage.
The variety of activities on offer has been developed in liaison with various educators, conservationists and adventure operators in order to cater for various user groups. Trained staff and eco-guides from local communities are available to ensure that meaningful environmental learning takes place amid the fun and adventure of the outdoors. All organised groups that have pre-booked an educational excursion are granted free entry into Garden Route National Park and charged only for the specific activities and services rendered by staff and guides.
If we can be of assistance in any way to make a visit to Tsitsikamma possible for your group, feel free to contact us on:
- Telephone: +27 (0) 42 28 11 607
- Fax: +27 (0) 42 28 11 629
- Information Centre at Storms River Mouth Rest camp
- Group accommodation (30 persons) at Nature’s Valley Rest Camp
- Group accommodation (60 persons) at Storms River Mouth Rest Camp
- Tents available (and for hire) for tented camps (both rest camps)
- Guided nature trails (1 – 4 hrs)Inter tidal pool exploration (incl. Snorkeling and treasure hunt)
- Estuarine Excursion (incl. Canoeing)
- River Excursion (short trail and boat ride.)
- Forest Excursion (guided trail and experiential learning activities)
- Adventure Activities: Diving, Abseiling and Climbing, Black water tubing, Mountain biking etc.
- Overnight camps (accommodated in huts or tents)
Further queries can be directed to:
- Elzette Bester - Manager: Social Ecology
Tel. +27 (0) 42 281 1607
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- The Wilderness section of the GRNP has a Ramsar site (wetland of global significance). It has the potential to conserve whole ecosystems from catchments to sea.