A temperate coastal climate with an annual rainfall of 1 200mm. The wettest months are May and October, and the driest are June and July.
Day visitors are welcome subject to the payment of a nominal daily conservation fee.
No firearms are allowed.
Visitors should remain in their vehicles and are serviced through their vehicle window.
- Office Hours: 07:30 – 18:00
- Gate opening and closing times: 06:00 – 19:30
- Security service 19:00 – 07:00
- Visitors with reserved accommodation who arrive after 18:00 may collect their keys to their accommodation at the entrance gate.
- Check-in - 12:00
- Check-out - 9:00
Tips & Hints:
- Nearest garage or vehicle repairs at Witelsbos – 30km from Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section).
- Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery) - South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations will accept legitimate petrol/fuel/garage/credit/debit cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Medical/hospital and pharmaceutical facilities at Kareedouw – 55km from Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section).
- Post Office and police services at Storms River village – 13km from Storms River Mouth Rest Camp in the Tsitsikamma Section (a post box is available at the rest camp).
- This is a multi-dimensional marine/forest national park. Remember to bring the following: bathing suit, hat, binoculars, sun block, walking shoes, bird and mammal reference books, snorkelling equipment.
- Scuba divers must present valid certificate and supply own equipment. SCUBA refill facilities are available at Storms River rest camp.
- The swimming pool at Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section) is reserved for resident guests only.
- Roller blades and skateboards are prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in a national park.
- No bait, shells, driftwood or any other organism, living or dead, may be removed from the Garden Route National Park.
- Powerboats are not permitted on the river at Nature’s Valley.
For enquiries e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on the following numbers:
- Tel +27 (0) 44 531 6700
- Fax +27 (0) 44 531 6881
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- The GRNP has the single largest block of Afromontane forest in South Africa including the Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma sandstone fynbos areas, Mountains, forest and coast in close proximity and scenic beauty.