How to get there
Directions to the Knysna indigenous forest complex:
Includes the Diepwalle Forest area, camping decks, Tea Garden and Forest Legends Museum.
- Follow the N2 for 6km east of Knysna.
- Take the Uniondale (R339) turn-off to the left and drive another 16km to Diepwalle.
- The R339 is a provincial gravel road to Diepwalle.
Directions to the Treetop Chalet:
- The Treetop Chalet is about 15 - 17km past Knysna, towards Plettenberg Bay.
- There is a small sign on the N2 which directs you to the Garden of Eden on the right, where you can check-in to the Treetop Chalet.
Directions to the Garden of Eden:
- The Garden of Eden is about 15 - 17km past Knysna, towards Plettenberg Bay.
- There is a small sign on the N2 which directs you to the Garden of Eden on the right.
Directions to Kranshoek view point:
- From Knysna, take the N2 East for 20km to Harkerville.
- Turn right (south) onto a gravel road for 1.5km.
- At the T-junction keep left and drive about 500m. Turn right, through the Harkerville State Forest to the site about 5km further on.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Did You Know?
Did You Know?
- The GRNP has the single largest block of Afromontane forest in South Africa including the Outeniqua and Tsitsikamma sandstone fynbos areas, Mountains, forest and coast in close proximity and scenic beauty.