Formed hundreds of millions of years ago, the Karoo of South Africa is one of the great natural wonders of the world. Camdeboo National Park provides the visitor with insights into the unique landscape and ecosystem of the Karoo, not to mention awesome scenic beauty.
Four rustic furnished tents provide a relaxed nature experience. Each tent sleeps two people and has a braai unit, fridge, table and two chairs. Bedding and towels are provided. There is a communal kitchen equipped with stove plates, cooking and eating utensils and microwave. Tents are booked as individual units but there is also a communal braai area for group use. Communal showers and toilets are provided.Read more...
With an estimated 100 000 people who visit this site each year, the Valley of Desolation is a premier tourist attraction in the region.
- There are a number of 4x4 routes that can be explored in both the eastern and western sections of the Park.
- Day visitors are welcome and can make use of various attractions such as the Valley of Desolation, Game Viewing Area and a number of picnic sites.
- As outdoor lighting in the camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
Where To Stay
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
Things To See
- Nqweba Dam
- Kwelimanzi bird hide
- Bat-eared fox
- 14th November 2017 - Media Release: Fun start to December holidays at Camdeboo National Park
- 29th October 2017 - Media Release: Successful Interschools Birding Weekend at Camdeboo National Park
- 24th October 2017 - Media Release: Annual tariff increase for Camdeboo National Park
Posted by: MATTHYS (31st October 2017)
Posted by: lion queen (23rd June 2016)
Media Release: Minister of Environmental Affairs declared the Mountain Zebra and Camdeboo Protected Environment
Posted by: lion queen (27th April 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?