Activities & Facilities
Recreational Activities & Adventures
- Bathing, rowing, fishing, at Wilderness beach, the Touw River and some of the lakes.
- Water-skiing is restricted to Island Lake and Swartvlei.
- Canoes are hired from Eden Adventures (or (044) 877 0179)
- DSTV in a communal area.
- Table tennis in a communal area.
- Volleyball and basket ball.
- Bird hides at Langvlei and Rondevlei.
There are five trails all located in the National Park, all with varying distances and degrees of difficulty.
- Start at the Ebb & Flow Rest Camp (Wilderness Section) and canoe the winding Touw River, which leads to Wilderness beach or gently canoe on the Wilderness Lagoon. Canoes available for hire from Eden Adventures (or (044) 877 0179).
There are two scenic routes for mountain biking. Bikes equipped with child seats are also available. Mountain bikes available for hire from Eden Adventures in the park (or (044) 877 0179).
Whether on a short 10m abseil or a 45m drop next to a roaring waterfall, reach your goals you perceived to be unobtainable. (Eden Adventures, or (044) 8770179).
Fishing is allowed in the following sections of Wilderness Section of the Garden Route National Park - Leentjiesklip, Kleinkrans, Sandhoogte, Swartvlei, Eilandvlei, and Gericke’s Point.
Due to the many different ecosystems within the park ranging from the indigenous forest to the rocky shore, Wilderness Section of the Garden Route National Park has become a bird paradise.
Experience the freedom of paragliding with experienced operators. Please contact Wilderness Eco Tourism for more information or (044) 877 0045.
A community fund of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
- Many facilities are available in the towns of Wilderness and George.
- There is no shop in the Rest Camp.
- The closest restaurants are in the town of Wilderness – a list is available at Reception.
- No laundromat and dryer facilities - As from April 2011, no more washing machines and tumble dryers will be available at the Ebb & Flow Rest Camp. Guests are urged to make use of the laundry facilities in the Wilderness and George areas.
- Medical doctors, a dentist a pharmacy and the postal agency are available in the town of Wilderness.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?