Bontebok National Park is a place of simplistic beauty and peaceful charm. The majestic Langeberg Mountains provide a picturesque backdrop for this Park of colorful riches.
The Lang Elsie's Kraal restcamp, situated on the banks of the Breede River, is the first rest camp in South African National Parks to be built according to a "Touching the Earth Lightly" design. Named after a Khoe-Khoe Chieftain who lived there with her clan in the 18th century, the camp of 10 units provides pristine scenery of the park, Breede River and Langeberg Mountains - a perfect rest stop for visitors. Read more...
the perfect place for a day visit with the family or friends, when in the surrounding area of Swellendam and surrounding towns. Enjoy a picnic on the banks of the Breede River, or braai at one of the designated braai spots, or Die Stroom function centre, also on the banks of the Breede.
- No shop, restaurant or fuel station available inside the Park. These are available 5km away in the town of Swellendam.
- Late arrivals will be subject to a R200.00 escort fine from the main gate to the rest camp. Please advise reception in time if you will be late so that an escort is arranged in advance.
- Bontebok National Park is a great day-visit location. Recently upgraded day-visitor facilities at "Die Stroom".
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
Where To Stay
Golden Kudu - Luxury LodgesView All Luxury Lodges
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
Die Stroom Gate opened
Bontebok National Park has opened Die Stroom Gate for all visitors. Please use these GPS coordinates: S 34°3.2327' / E 20°25.7654'. The old reception is no longer in use.
Aloe Trail Closed
The Aloe trail will be closed until further notice, due to flooding.
Things To Do
- Picnic and braai at Die Stroom
- Camp on the banks of the Breede River
- Game viewing self-drives
- Bird watching
- No current news, please check back later
Posted by: kittykat23uk (18th September 2017)
Posted by: SHR PR & Media (26th July 2017)
Posted by: Kaapsedraai (30th September 2015)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?