People with disabilities
- View the accessibily features overview for Augrabies Falls National Park, as featured in the Rolling Inspiration magazine.
- Please see additional information on Wheelchair Accessibility
The park’s rest camp has two accessible bungalows, equipped with ramp entrance and appropriate ablution facilities (sit-down shower).
Accommodation images may differ from the actual units as refurbishment of various accommodation types occur on an on-going basis.
Accessible Activities & Facilities
- The reception complex shop, cafeteria, tea area and information displays are all accessible, but the restaurant is upstairs. There is an accessible toilet at the public toilet block. There is also a swimming pool in the camp, but no assisting rails to get in and out are present.
- The park’s highlight, the falls, can be viewed from one wheelchair accessible walkway and platform, but due to the rough terrian along the trail to the walkway, most wheelchair users will require assistance. The presence of sand flies (muggies) can be a nuisance.
- Elsewhere in the park, the viewpoints ar not particularly accessible for a person in a wheelchair.
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
Sunny< br>Min: 17°C / Max: 29°C
Did You Know?
- that Metagabbro is found in the western part of the park in an area known as the "Swartrante" (Black Ridges) and is a metamorphosed igneous rock which contains no quartz and is made up entirely of dark ferromagnesian minerals and feldspar.