Geographical extremes capture the imagination. From ancient mariners to contemporary mankind, the quest has always been to reach the poles, sail around the tips of continents, conquer the highest peaks and dive to the ultimate depths.
This small camp is located 10,3km from the Cape Agulhas Lighthouse. The camp was placed and designed to meet high environmental standards and according to the 'touch-the-earth-lightly' principles by which, inter alia, development was limited to disturbed sites. Read more...
Stand at the southernmost tip of Africa, where two oceans, the Indian and Atlantic, meet in a tumultuous crash of waves.
- Overnight visitors must check-in during office hours (Mondays to Fridays from 7:30am to 6:00pm, Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays from 9:00am to 5:00pm) at 214 Main Road, Agulhas (the last building on the right before the lighthouse).
- Guests arriving outside the normal business hours need to phone the park on Tel: 028 435-6078 at least one (1) day prior to arrival.
- Operating hours for the Cape Agulhas Lighthouse is from 09h00am to 17h00pm, seven days a week (the last climb to the top of the lighthouse is at 16h30pm).
- Access roads to Rhenosterkop and Rietfontein are gravel roads.
Where To Stay
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
Things To See
- Southernmost tip of Africa
- The Cape Agulhas Lighthouse
- Rasperpunt fish traps
- Southern Right Whale - between June and November
- African Black Oystercatcher - is endangered with a population of less than 5000 adults
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?