Geographical extremes capture the imagination. From ancient mariners to contemporary mankind, the quest has always been to reach the poles, sail around the tips of continents, conquer the highest peaks and dive to the ultimate depths.
This small camp is located 10,3km from the Cape Agulhas Lighthouse. The camp was placed and designed to meet high environmental standards and according to the 'touch-the-earth-lightly' principles by which, inter alia, development was limited to disturbed sites. Read more...
Stand at the southernmost tip of Africa, where two oceans, the Indian and Atlantic, meet in a tumultuous crash of waves.
Discover the legendary 'Cape of Storms'. Stand at the Southernmost tip of Africa, where two oceans meet. Explore the historic Cape Agulhas lighthouse. Marvel at the shipwrecks that dot this rugged, beautiful coastline. Curl up in front of a cosy fire with the sound of the crashing waves in the background. Meander through the surrounding wine farms and quaint towns that tell stories of yesteryear. Spend a weekend soothing your soul.
Where To Stay
R 1 075 R 806 per night
Valid from 13/02/2017 to 28/02/2017Book Now Read More
Terms & Conditions
Golden Kudu - Luxury LodgesView All Luxury Lodges
Organising a conference or event?
SANParks can cater for all conferencing needs, from arranging the venue, to the logistical arrangements, to organizing tailored pre and post conference activities.Booking Request Form
Things To See
- Southernmost tip of Africa
- The Cape Agulhas Lighthouse
- Rasperpunt fish traps
- Southern Right Whale - between June and November
- African Black Oystercatcher - is endangered with a population of less than 5000 adults
- Overnight visitors must check-in during office hours (Mondays to Fridays from 7:30am to 6:00pm, Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays from 9:00am to 5:00pm) at 214 Main Road, Agulhas (the last building on the right before the lighthouse).
- Guests arriving outside the normal business hours need to phone the park on Tel: 028 435-6078 at least one (1) day prior to arrival.
- Operating hours for the Cape Agulhas Lighthouse is from 09h00am to 17h00pm, seven days a week (the last climb to the top of the lighthouse is at 16h30pm).
- Access roads to Rhenosterkop and Rietfontein are gravel roads.
- No current news, please check back later
Posted by: Canuck-Robin-Chats (20th February 2017)
Posted by: Reynald (23rd October 2016)
Posted by: Hugh (12th March 2016)
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?