Public Volunteers in Conservation
Our contribution is manifested in many ways, such as raising valuable funds, creating vital public awareness and supplying much needed manpower and equipment to supplement various conservation, tourism and environmental education needs within SANParks.
We are involved in activities such as bush camps, removal of alien invasive plants, counter poaching displays in shopping centres, talks at schools and clean up campaigns. Without our assistance the parks would be so much poorer and in some areas struggling.
The SANParks Honorary Rangers movement is open to people with a passion for nature and a dedication to support the South African National Parks. We facilitate various activities through which the public can become involved in support of SANParks and enjoy the wonder of our natural heritage.
- For more information on our latest activities and how you can become involved, follow this link: Honorary Ranger Official Website
- To find out more about information on past and future public events, co-ordinated by the Honorary Rangers, have a look at our events page
- View the SANParks Honorary Rangers National Executive Committee - 2014/15.
Have a question? Want to chat with other Honorary Rangers-visit the forums, there's a whole section devoted to Honorary Rangers
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
Get unlimited access to most of Southern Africa’s premier conservation areas.
Membership is valid from date of purchase for 365 days and is available for an individual, couple or family, as well as international guests. Learn more...
- KTP Feb / Mar vs July / August?
Posted by: BDM CAPE TOWN on 25th August 2016
- Mountain Zebra Photography Course - September 2016
Posted by: SHR PR & Media on 25th August 2016
- Addo Cam 25/08/2016
Posted by: Dibles on 25th August 2016