Storms River Mouth Honeymoon Cottages

Knysna, Tsitsikamma, Wilderness

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

radccnz

Accommodation info for Storms River Mouth Camp?

Unread post by radccnz »

We (a couple) want to book a chalet at Storms River Mouth Rest Camp for 2 nights in late September. We have been in touch with the Contact Centre twice but have only had one reply and are still unclear about how to go about booking our preferred chalet.

We have registered for the online booking process. It seems only the following types of suitable chalets/cottages are available for our dates - CH3, CH3P, CH3S and HC2.

We have found out from previous posts that HC2 are chalets 8A, 8B, 16A and 16B. However we'd like to know what the chalet numbers are for the other three categories and can't seem to find this information. Can anyone help us?

Also, HC2 chalets have a double bed. Is this a standard double size (which we find too small) or is it actually a Queen size or even a King?

Once we've booked on line, is there another way (other than phoning the camp) of reserving the particular chalet we want? We are in New Zealand and haven't found phoning other accommodation in SA very easy or satisfactory.

Thanks for any advice and help.
lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Re: Chalet Numbers at Storms River Mouth Camp?

Unread post by lion queen »

Hi radccnz and a warm welcome to the forum. :gflower:

Have look here for map of Storms River Mouth Camp.

This is the best I could get with unit numbers on and type of accommodation.

The following is how I figured out unit numbers and type of accommodation from that map and other postings on the forum. see here

CH2S = units 1, 2, 5, 6 7A &7B

Ch2SZ = Units 3A &3B

CH4S = Unit 4B

HC2 = Units 8A, 8B, 16A & 16B

OC2 = Unit 17 (This is the same as HC2)

FA4 = Units 9, 10, 11, 22 - 33

CH3 = Units 13A, 13B, 14A, 14B, 15A & 15B

CH3P = Units 18 - 21
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West
MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS »

:thumbs_up: Lion queen 8) and welcome to the forums, Radccnz.

Also, HC2 chalets have a double bed. Is this a standard double size (which we find too small) or is it actually a Queen size or even a King?

I think it is a standard size double bed. Please see andycapepoint's photos here .

Once we've booked on line, is there another way (other than phoning the camp) of reserving the particular chalet we want?

I will post an e-mail address for you here, as soon as I have the information.
aquila non capit muscas
MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS »

Once we've booked on line

To help you doing that, please read here, Radccnz.

To request assistance with reserving particular accommodation, please email the Hospitality manager Obed Maluwa: [email protected]
(Thanks to Nandi Mgwadlamba, Communications Manager, SANParks: Garden Route National Park for this info :gflower: )
aquila non capit muscas
MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS »

The CH3S chalets are still a mystery!

Please click on Chalet (CH3S) on this page to see the features and photos of it, Radccnz.
aquila non capit muscas
radccnz

Unread post by radccnz »

Thanks again MATTHYS :gflower: . The descriptions of the chalets/cottages, etc, categories are fine and clear - you just can't easily tell their location in the camp unless you know the numbers that relate to each category (and that are used on the maps). We can't understand why there isn't a simple table on or accessible via the website that lists the chalet/cottage numbers alongside each booking category - but perhaps it is more complicated than we think. From the forum posts, we are clearly not the only people looking for this information.

Anyway, we have decided to go ahead and have booked an HC2 cottage, since we are confident we know the relevant numbers (8A&B and 16A&B) and where they are located in the camp, and because they have been very positively reviewed by others, including on such sites as TripAdvisor - we will just need to manage the bed size issue ourselves!

We would say that the online booking process went very smoothly :clap: and we will try emailing Obed Maluwa to request a specific cottage.

We are really looking forward to our stay at Storms River Mouth Rest Camp - it sounds a wonderful location.

Thanks again.
radccnz
Sandybabe

Unread post by Sandybabe »

If anyone can advise the numbers for CH3S chalets it would be really appreciated, we would like to book a chalet for 3 people directly on the waterfront not across a road. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :pray:
MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS »

I will enquire about the numbers, but I think the CH3S chalets are exactly what you are looking for, Sandybabe.
Please see Kaapsedraai's post here :
Our accommodation, CH3S Chalet, is located on the sea side of the road and close to the restaurant & shop.

Also click on the Virtual Tour (exterior) here.
aquila non capit muscas
andre w

Unread post by andre w »

I find very useful info in the forum - but now I'm confused - someone "out there" who could clear this up for me?
I have a booking for July 16 in a CH2S type cottage - now - according to lion queen's info above, cottages 1, 2, 5, 6, 7A and 7B are CH2S type cottages.
I now contacted reception and they tell me that, no, 7A and 7B are CH3S cottages and NOT CH2S's as per lion queen's info above - and that I will be in cottage no 4B - which on lion queen's info it is a CH4S cottage - now I'm totally confused - reception also tells me that there is not a "list" she can give me, indicating which cottages belong to which code-group.
Is reception wrong? - or is lion queen's info above incorrect?
Can somebody tell me/us, what the real position is?
Will me greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Andrè
:doh: :doh: :doh:
KingShaman

Unread post by KingShaman »

Hi Guys

I also been trying to match , and no luck,

Does anyone know where GC8 and CH3 are located in the park.

I am trying to book something on the ocean side of the road.

Thank you
Elsa

Unread post by Elsa »

Warm welcome to the forum KingShaman! :clap:

As far as I can make out those 2 units will be the ones set up above the road, will still have a nice sea view but not on the ocean side.
Take time each day to be with nature
junglebird

Storms River Rest Camp - HC2 heating

Unread post by junglebird »

Hello

I am planning to book HC2 in Storms River Rest Camp in July'17. I wanted to know if these units have heating. I have written to the camp with my queries and while they have replied to the others, they are yet to reply on this one.

Can someone please help...will it be really cold in July without any heating? We will have blankets and warm jackets, but would prefer heating or any other method to heat the room instead.

Thanks in advance.
DinkyBird

Re: Storms River Rest Camp - HC2 heating

Unread post by DinkyBird »

When we have stayed in the cottages or oceanettes, there has been either under floor heating, or a heater provided. I will try and find our from the GR PR manager.
- Dalene
junglebird

Thank you so much DinkyBird. Much appreciate.
junglebird

Ok was in a rush to book so called the camp. They said there is heating available.

Now I see there is also CH2SZ available and also CH3S.

Please help to choose between the three with differences if possible.

HC2 - 8A/8B/16A/16B

Can anyone let me know the unit numbers for CH2SZ and CH3S.

Thanks