updated website

Tell us what we can do better, need to clear the air, voice your concern or provide feedback about the forum
arks
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Re: updated website

Unread post by arks »

:gflower: Many thanks for the tip! :gflower:
RSA 2022-2023
16 November-9 February Cape Town & Darling
arks

Unread post by arks »

Altho it seems that it doesn't stay zoomed, reverts when you go back to the main index page :(
RSA 2022-2023
arks

Unread post by arks »

Aha!!! When I zoom it on the main index page, it seems to stay zoomed :dance:
RSA 2022-2023
inyanga 1

Unread post by inyanga 1 »

arks wrote:....
I am using Windows 7 Pro and have NO intention of "upgrading" to Windows 10 as many of my older programs will not run on it (at least some still do on Win7). I am a most reluctant "upgrader", being of the firm conviction that "if it ain't broke ........ " I also don't use 'tab's (I loathe them), but separate browser windows

Arks

I presume that you know that windows 7 was end of life last year as far as MS is concerned ?

Client operating systems Latest update or service pack End of mainstream support
Windows 7* Service Pack 1 January 13, 2015

PS If you don't like tabs then don't get a tablet/iPad as they only have tabs not new windows.

I was only trying to help out :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
A few TR's - 2016 Reis verhaal from Kruger 'Bush' Camps.. Cape to Namibia .. Mokala & KNP .More KNP.. .etc
last http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?&t=93948
WYSIWIT - Photos aren't photoshop'd except for mono, sepia & cropping
DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird »

Thank you for trying to assist arks, inyanga1 - the mods really do appreciate it :k :gflower:

Arks, it is the nature of the internet that development moves very fast, and is exactly why SANParks do keep updating and upgrading, to ensure the website is secure and is kept fresh and appealing to all its stakeholders. Upgrading and keeping up to date improves usage and security for all users. It is your prerogative not to up date your software, obviously - but then, please do not complain that things do not remain static on this website. Opening many tabs is way more easy to use (and can easily be done in win7 too) than running multiple instances of the same browser; but again your prerogative to not use. But, criticizing changes on the website is unfair, if you are not prepared to try tips kindly given to assist make your experience better.
- Dalene
chirinda
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by chirinda »

I am also finding the busy background hard on my eyes, is there no way we could have an option to switch to a plain background?

I also find the wide green band at the top of the webcams takes away a large chunk of my pictures.
RayK
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by RayK »

Hi Forumites,
My eyes keep getting drawn to the background to see if I can spot anything lurking in the bushes. Change is not always an improvement. Solid background please.
Rooies
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Rooies »

One whole column of possible ringtones has also disappeared. With the old site, the names were covered but now its gone altogether. The one In was looking for was the Yellow billed hornbill.
Give thanks for unknown blessings already on its way---African saying
Member nr 8512
Cheetah supporterPURIST and proud thereof
Dibles
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Dibles »

On the Sanparks Home Page I can see "View All" under Webcams"
2016-10-26 07_56_33-South African National Parks - SANParks - Official Website - Accommodation, Acti.png
2016-10-26 07_56_33-South African National Parks - SANParks - Official Website - Accommodation, Acti.png (4.79 KiB) Viewed 2491 times

But when browsing the Forums this option disappears.

2016-10-26 07_52_03-SANParks.org Forums - Index page.png
2016-10-26 07_52_03-SANParks.org Forums - Index page.png (4.58 KiB) Viewed 2491 times

Is it possible to change this please?
inyanga 1

Re: updated website background

Unread post by inyanga 1 »

Hi Sanparks Devs

My suggestion is that if the picture background element if 'focal' - i.e. is part of the page then leave it full definition as is

Once the 'focus' has moved to a more frontal element (like in the forums) then blurr or apply a 30% transparency to the background thus making it less prominent.

This provides continuity without distraction....

I post this here, rather than email them directly, to show that feedback can sometimes work if it is proactive...
or suggestive... (in the best possible taste :wink: )
A few TR's - 2016 Reis verhaal from Kruger 'Bush' Camps.. Cape to Namibia .. Mokala & KNP .More KNP.. .etc
last http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?&t=93948
WYSIWIT - Photos aren't photoshop'd except for mono, sepia & cropping
isinkwe
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by isinkwe »

Muhammad wrote:Image

Difficult to read on new background.Updated background a little distracting.

Change circled to darker,bolder font.

Thanks for highlighting that Muhammad :thumbs_up: :D

I thought it was like a quiz or something :hmz: ----'Can you find the return to travels button?? '

I did not get any points for that quiz :redface:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Isn't it just amazing how potatoes give us fries and vodka? :D The rest of the vegetables should get their act together :rtm:
arks

Unread post by arks »

I have found that the easiest way for me to get to the forum and the webcams is by clicking on the search icon. However, at the moment the "webcams" link in the series of boxes on the righthand side of that page is displaying as a narrow black line (tho the link does still work :) ) . I thought the tech people might like to know about this fault?
RSA 2022-2023
Hippotragus
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Hippotragus »

I agree with Muhammad about the "return to ..." line in green on green background. I have to just remember where it is and then click!

Also, I seem to have to click on the Sanparks kudu head in the centre of the menu at the top of the page in order to then get into the parks, accommodation etc. Previously I could just click on a park then accommodation.

Other than that, I have managed to find my around the new site - both on laptop and on I-phone. A lot of work has gone into creating it - thanks to all involved.
Hippotragus
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Hippotragus »

I agree, Chirinda. It is now much easier on the eye!

Arks - I'm no computer expert, but maybe if you refresh, it will go to the new background.
salamanda

Unread post by salamanda »

arks wrote:
chirinda wrote:Thank you for the making the background solid on the pages, I find it easier to cope with.

The background isn't solid on my pages :(

Arks I think Chirinda means that all the individual replies have been moved so that they now link instead of having that Dreadfully Distracting Dissected picture showing between each reply! It certainly is a big improvement from my point of view, thanks to the IT guys.