Problem with registration of Wild Card

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

Tdgraves

Re: renewing international wild card problem

Unread post by Tdgraves »

Arks, I'm not sure why you are averse to renewing at the gate, it is a simple and pain free process (unlike what you are describing above.....)

From what you decribe, it sounds like the process AFTER you have renewed in a park, like I did last year, hence the need for the receipt number....
KTP: Jan 2015, Sept 2016, Sept 2018, Jan 2020, Jan 2023, Sept 2024
KNP Jan 2013, Jan and Sept 2014, Jan 2016, 2017, 2018, Sept 2019, Jan 2022, Sept 2023, Jan 2024
arks
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by arks »

Tdgraves wrote:Arks, I'm not sure why you are averse to renewing at the gate, it is a simple and pain free process (unlike what you are describing above.....)

From what you decribe, it sounds like the process AFTER you have renewed in a park, like I did last year, hence the need for the receipt number....

Amongst other things, I don't want to have to keep track of a small CC receipt until such time as I can complete the process on line and print out my confirmation letter.

In any case, I can report that I sent an email to the email that Russ suggested ([email protected]) and they have sent me the necessary forms for my renewal which I can then email back to them. For me that will be a lot better than renewing at the gate. :thumbs_up:
RSA 2022-2023
16 November-9 February Cape Town & Darling
bert

Unread post by bert »

Arks, had to do the same
The online process does not work
Never did btw
Filling in the forms does work but in this day and age the online should work
arks

Unread post by arks »

Actually, I used the online system to renew in October 2014 with no problems, bert, so I think that this may be something new? However, I have the forms and will use them when I renew in March. But I agree that this (current) online problem shouldn't have occurred and should be fixed. If renewing online worked for me in 2014, why is it now not possible? Eish!
RSA 2022-2023
16 November-9 February Cape Town & Darling
Guinea Pig

Unread post by Guinea Pig »

We always renew at the the first SANParks gate we arrive at. It's all part of our holiday "experience". :lol: Never made use of online renewal.
shivati

Re: Problem with registration of Wild Card

Unread post by shivati »

Hi All, looking for some help, advice please.

A couple of months ago my partner tried purchasing a Wildcard over the online option. Twice the "transaction" was rejected, only the third time did it work (and she now has her International Wild Card).

Unfortunately, three membership amounts were knocked off her credit card - the two rejected attempts and the third attempt which was ok. We have now for weeks been trying to get Wildcard refunds to credit back 2x International WC memberships - to no avail. The first email was responded to, asking for CCard details - since then silence.

Since its not a small amount of money we would really like to get the refund on two memberships which the system showed as rejected!

Any advice on how we can get the credit? Any help would be appreciated :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Thanks!! :)
Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by Crested Val »

I will send you a PM now. :thumbs_up:
Missing my beloved Kruger!!!
Rivers2Run

Unread post by Rivers2Run »

A member of our party just tried to purchase a Wild Card on line. We are from the US and don't have an ZA number but entered our passport number, the system insisted on a ZA number. I used the system (USA) also and had no issues, went through fine. but I am registered for on line purchases. Any suggestions?
Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Hi Rivers2Run
So sorry that a member of your party is having a problem obtaining a Wildcard. I will send you a PM now, so look out for it.
Rivers2Run

Unread post by Rivers2Run »

I think it is helpful to post the outcome of these issues. We contacted wild card via email and after a few days they sorted it all out, reversed the extra charges and sent him the wild card receipt letter. We just received the card in the mail here in the US. Mine was purchased 20 May and we received the card 24 June so that should give you an idea what to expect if purchasing from US and I am from the west coast Oregon. So my advice contact them and be patient it will work out.
DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird »

Thank you for the helpful feedback R2R!
- Dalene
inyanga 1

Unread post by inyanga 1 »

I'm glad that you got your wild card. :dance: :dance:

we haven't ever been failed in our renewal, on-line or physical, with the card.

We've never had to show our email confirmation in the last ten years; wildcard on-line seems to be a'ive' as far as we're concerned.

Althought we realise that our SA SanParks fees are reduced because we have the card; it is VERY useful and I commend others to use it to sustain SanParks.....
A few TR's - 2016 Reis verhaal from Kruger 'Bush' Camps.. Cape to Namibia .. Mokala & KNP .More KNP.. .etc
last http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?&t=93948
WYSIWIT - Photos aren't photoshop'd except for mono, sepia & cropping
Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Thanks so much for the feedback!! :clap: