Problem with registration of Wild Card

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

arks
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Re: renewing international wild card problem

Unread post by arks »

Thanks for this info Issy. Is there anyone specific to contact at WildCard? I will also need to renew my card before my April trip and in the past I've always done this about a week before I leave, so as to maximise my card's validity as I often make more than one trip within the 12 months. I will be VERY unhappy if I must renew it earlier and I absolutely do NOT want to wait to renew in the park and then have the additional hassle of having to later update my details on the WC website.

(Oh for the good ol' days when the WildCard was managed by Infinity and the were NO such problems, ever.)
RSA 2022-2023
16 November-9 February Cape Town & Darling
Russ

Unread post by Russ »

Hi Arks

I suggest you renew as soon as practical as, for whatever the reason, the online system does not work for international renewals! you will be constantly told that you need to input data you don't have, so the only way forward is to contact [email protected] and they will send you a couple of forms to fill in, scan and then return. as fish-eagle says you can also renew at the gate of the park you are visiting but I'm like you, I would prefer to have everything in place/renewed before my trip starts

Russ
my mind and body may be in england my soul is in africa
arks

Unread post by arks »

Thanks Russ, but my point is that I don't want to renew more than a week before I'm going. Why should I be paying for a card that's valid weeks before I actually use it? SANParks seems to assume that international visitors are once-off, whereas many of us are repeat visitors and I often make more than one RSA visit within a 12 month period. Considering that we overseas visitors also pay substantially more for our card, I'm wanting to maximize the benefit I get for that expense so I want it to have the most "usefully" valid period possible.

Again, it's only since SANParks took over managing the WildCard that these problems have persisted. There were NO problems -- at least in my experience -- with Infinity and they were also infinitely (pun intended) more pro-active with clients. (And of course we also received additional 'benefits', which SANParks has always promised but has never delivered.)
RSA 2022-2023
Russ

Unread post by Russ »

I do totally agree with you, I decided to try to renew a bit earlier to take advantage of the low Rand exchange rate at the moment, because as you say we do pay more for our international card and being 'international' everybody thinks we are RICH

I let you know how the renewal goes

Russ
arks

Unread post by arks »

Thanks Russ, I'll appreciate hearing how your renewal goes.
RSA 2022-2023
Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by Crested Val »

When I renewed online I used my UK passport number as that was the number I used to originally buy it, but that was a while ago so maybe the online form has changed.
I can try to get an answer for you if you would like?
Missing my beloved Kruger!!!
arks

Unread post by arks »

Thanks Val. I used my US passport number when I first applied for and when I last renewed my wildcard, but US passport numbers change when you renew your passport. I did send my new passport number to WildCard and they did acknowledge receiving it and that they had updated my details, so ....

I think that the problem, as Russ (and others) describes it, is that even when you enter your overseas passport number, the form is still requiring the info required for an SA citizen. Sounds like this may be a glitch caused by the recent upgrade, so perhaps alerting Steve?

Holding thumbs that it gets sorted before I need to renew my Wildcard in mid-March :pray:
RSA 2022-2023
Russ

Unread post by Russ »

Hi Arks,

well I have sent my form back today and have had a confirmation letter back in just a couple of hours. so panic over. if the response time is as quick for your renewal as it was for mine then you should have no problem in renewing a week or so before your next trip or as you wish.
there is still the issue (or two) that need to be sorted with the online application, especially because of the digital world we are all meant to be living in, but at least I can see SANParks have done something to ensure we get our wildcards renewed (we now just have to wait for the benefits you were talking about)

Hi Val

its the online form that has a problem and needs to be sorted, if you don't have a SA ID number you can't enter it into the box and without it you can not progress to buy/renew your card.

Russ
arks

Unread post by arks »

Russ, many thanks for your feedback :thumbs_up: Holding thumbs that my renewal will go smoothly in March.

@Val: any luck with finding out what the glitch is and when it might be resolved? :pray:
RSA 2022-2023
Nathalie37

Re: Problem with registration of Wild Card

Unread post by Nathalie37 »

I want tot buy a wildcard but the form keeps asking for a south Afrika ID number.
I'm Dutch.
Help
arks

Re: Problem with registration of Wild Card

Unread post by arks »

Hi Nathalie and Welcome!

Quite a few international visitors are having this problem, have a look at the thread about renewing the international WildCard. The forum moderators are hoping to get some answers for us. In the thread about renewals, Russ posted an email address, so you might try that. They sent him a form that he could email back.

Good luck!
RSA 2022-2023
Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by Crested Val »

Sorry Arks, I am currently travelling in SA with limited internet. I will do my best for you!!! :thumbs_up:
Missing my beloved Kruger!!!
arks

Unread post by arks »

Crested Val wrote:Sorry Arks, I am currently travelling in SA with limited internet. I will do my best for you!!! :thumbs_up:

Glad to hear that you're back in SA, Val. Whatever you can find out will be a help :thumbs_up: I'll try from my side as well .... Many thanks for your efforts. Enjoy your time in SA!
RSA 2022-2023
Elsa

Unread post by Elsa »

I have just spoken to someone from wildcard and he tells me that you should enter the receipt # from your last purchase and your wild card #, then log in and then add your e-mail address and cell # and it should work without having to add your passport #.
I guess what he is saying is that it would then be enough confirmation of who you are but whether it works or not will only be proven once this is tried. :?
Otherwise he advises to renew at the gate on arrival in the park!
Take time each day to be with nature
arks

Unread post by arks »

Thanks Elsa, but I want to avoid renewing at the park gate. Also, there's NO problem with my passport number, apparently the problem is that for international renewals, even after you have entered your (foreign) passport number, it insists that you must also have an SA ID number. And I'd have NO idea where to find my previous receipt number, since I last renewed my WildCard in October 2014, nearly 18 months ago.

My ongoing complaint is that ever since SANParks took over the WildCard, there have been ongoing problems with the renewal process. :wall: There were never ANY problems when the WildCard was administered by Infinity. Why is it so seemingly impossible for SANParks to fix this latest problem? :wall:

I'd suggest that perhaps the WildCard administrators (or the SANParks IT gurus or both) read thru this thread so that they can perhaps grasp what the current problems are and fix them.
RSA 2022-2023