Freedom of speech comes with responsibility

Tell us what we can do better, need to clear the air, voice your concern or provide feedback about the forum
DinkyBird

Freedom of speech comes with responsibility

Unread post by DinkyBird »

Split from here

4O4-5O4, please supply supporting facts, documents, links to substantiate your post here of Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:38 pm. and subsequent posts.
- Dalene
4O4-5O4
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Poaching

Unread post by 4O4-5O4 »

Dinkybird, as I said in my post, these comments are my version of events.
DinkyBird

4O4-5O4, unless you can back up 'your version of events' with some facts, which clearly you cannot, your post is speculative, inflammatory and defamatory and transgresses the rules of these forums - RULES for posting on the SANParks Forums.
- Dalene
gmlsmit
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by gmlsmit »

My post may not have been on topic, but 404 - 405 was requested to give the basis for what had been posted and I posted some facts, no mention was made in the request for the source that the post was off topic.

I am not of opinion that my post was political, however we have different opinions about what is political and what not.
I participate because I care - CUSTOS NATURAE
No to Hotels in and commercialization of our National Parks.
No to Legalized *** and Lion trade.
Done 159 visits to National Parks.
What a wonderful privilege.
4O4-5O4
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by 4O4-5O4 »

Dear SANPark moderators.
Removing my comments will in no way change my views, but will merely go a long way towards strengthening them.

I am hopeful that you can conclude from all my postings that my comments towards SANParks have always been positive.

But by ignoring the truths that *** poaching, big business and politics are not all closely intertwined, is in my opinion, a very niave view.
And it is for this very reason my comments with reference to these three spheres were tabled.
4O4-5O4
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by 4O4-5O4 »

Sorry, above should read;

But by ignoring the truths that *** poaching, big business and politics are all closely intertwined, is in my opinion, a very niave view.
RobertT
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by RobertT »

gmlsmit wrote:{Off topic and political content removed by moderator.}

Is the solution not a political one? Everything about this problem of poaching, from future solutions to current circumstances to origins all revolve around politics. :hmz: :hmz:
4O4-5O4
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by 4O4-5O4 »

That depends on how you define politics.
In my opinion, politics is actually a business
4O4-5O4
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by 4O4-5O4 »

I tend to disagree with the last few comments.

Why have a topic here titled, 'poaching'.
So what would you prefer we discuss under this topic?
4O4-5O4
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by 4O4-5O4 »

JeanniR wrote:
Porridge wrote:We certainly aren't going to solve this problem overnight, and certainly not here where I'm certain the ones who need to be taking notice aren't members or even lurking.

Therefore could we please at least try to maintain a civil atmosphere.

Well said Porridge :clap: :clap:

There are lots and lots of things to consider when dealing with the problem of poaching, there is no hard and fast way to deal with the problem. Things like this unfortunately take time.

Truth is, there is a hard and fast way to deal with it. Kenya are doing it right now, by proposing argument to increase sentences for convicted poachers to a life sentence.
May not be the solution, but its a sure good place to start.

Things only take time when we think we have enough time for us to take our time. Truth is, time is running out.
4O4-5O4
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by 4O4-5O4 »

Porridge wrote:That depends on how you define a business, 404 :)

Definition is simple, Porridge.

Investors = taxpayers
Directors = politicians
DinkyBird

4O4-5O4 wrote:Dear SANPark moderators.
Removing my comments will in no way change my views, but will merely go a long way towards strengthening them.

I am hopeful that you can conclude from all my postings that my comments towards SANParks have always been positive.

But by ignoring the truths that *** poaching, big business and politics are not all closely intertwined, is in my opinion, a very niave view.
And it is for this very reason my comments with reference to these three spheres were tabled.

Dear 404-504

You were given the opportunity to substantiate the seriously libelous comments directed at numerous people contributing generously to fighting poaching. You were not able to do this.

You state that the truths that *** poaching, big business and politics are all closely intertwined; we trust you have submitted your evidence of this to the relevant authorities, via the contacts given on this website? If not, we encourage you to do this.
- Dalene
DinkyBird

RobertT wrote:
RobertT wrote:
Porridge wrote:While the solution is almost certainly a political one, belabouring the point on this forum is against the forum rules, not to mention pointless. We certainly aren't going to solve this problem overnight, and certainly not here where I'm certain the ones who need to be taking notice aren't members or even lurking.

Therefore could we please at least try to maintain a civil atmosphere. The mods are doing what they have to do. It's not a vendetta.

Have to quote as my post did not appear.

The discussion has been civil, I am under the impression we are discussing on a parastatal portal, the same parastatal in charge of looking after our heritage. Should this not be a reason why it can be discussed here. Does the parastatal not have the ear of the minister? Are they not consulted with regards to the poaching and solutions?
Should this not be the first port of call for someone concerned about the poaching?

And as you well know RobertT, when the discussion is ON TOPIC to the poaching crisis, nor is slanderous and toxic/speculation, the mods have always allowed some leeway!
- Dalene
Porridge
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Porridge »

RobertT wrote:Have to quote as my post did not appear.

The discussion has been civil, I am under the impression we are discussing on a parastatal portal, the same parastatal in charge of looking after our heritage. Should this not be a reason why it can be discussed here. Does the parastatal not have the ear of the minister? Are they not consulted with regards to the poaching and solutions?
Should this not be the first port of call for someone concerned about the poaching?

Of course it's a parastatal, RobertT, and by definition it will not be able to publicly go against or seen to be going against the government's stance. SANParks as an entity are very passionate and committed to stopping this poaching scourge, contrary to others personal beliefs.

This is not the place to be airing political opinions on what should or should not be done regarding the matter at hand, as it will have no impact or effect on the actual issue at all. Instead, especially as it is such an emotive subject, your local political party representative should be lobbied and your vote should be used to voice your disagreement with policies that are contrary to your ideas. If these do not produce the results timeously enough in your opinion, this is STILL not the right place to voice your displeasure and criticism on a subject which SANParks have already thrown huge commitment, effort and indeed, lives, into.
The simple rule to follow with all animals is one of respect.

16/08/20 - 23/08/20 Punda
23/08/20 - 30/08/20 Tsendze
DinkyBird

And now, back on topic please guys ... poaching in SANParks :thumbs_up:
- Dalene