Conservation Fees

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

Joep Stevens
Guru
Guru

Re: Conservation Fees

Unread post by Joep Stevens »

You may depart from the park as long as you have paid conservation fees for that day and return again on that same day, as long as you keep your entrance permit and are able to identify yourself. Overnight guests pay conservation fees per night.

With kind regards.

Joep Stevens ([email protected])
General Manager: Tourism Operations
jayefe

Conservation fees : wild card for frontier cluster parks

Unread post by jayefe »

From my checking the wild card web site ; this cluster in the forum is not covered by the wild card ; it is either R880 for sanparks 21 parks or R930 for "all parks" (couple SA citizens) ; but then again I have a trip planned for mkhuze, vidal ,sodwana , imfolozi and only imfolozi will be covered.... who knows what the *** card covers these days ? Need to verify before committing to what card where ....Thanks and regards.
Elsa

Re: Conservation fees : wild card for frontier cluster parks

Unread post by Elsa »

jayefe, I think you need to look at how long you will be staying in the SANParks Frontier parks and KZN ones of which as you rightly say only Umfolozi/Hluhluwe parks are covered by the wild card and then work out if it will be cost efficient to get which cards.

Wild Card
Take time each day to be with nature
mdlleon

Conservation Fees

Unread post by mdlleon »

I am trying to decide whether to purchase a Wild Card (international) on-line or pay daily conservation fees.

We are entering KNP late afternoon on Sun 5/13/18, staying 6 nights in the park and leaving either in the morning or afternoon on 5/19/18 (day 7)

How are daily conservation fees calculated or charged? Are we charged for each NIGHT of stay (6) or each DAY (7) we are in the park? Is the daily fee paid good for 24 hours or only that calendar day? ( Note we will need to purchase the daily conservation pass for 1 person in our party.)

If we have confirmed reservations for lodging for all 6 nights, do we need to pay an additional reservation fee to assure daily entrance to the Park? (I assume we can't be turned away if we have reservations.)
Elsa

Re: Daily conservation fees

Unread post by Elsa »

The conservation fees are charged per night you spend in the park as an overnight visitor.
You can have a look at the Conservation Tariffs and the prices for the Wild card Tariffs and calculate but I think at 6 nights you are pretty much on the break even side unless you plan on visiting other parks in the country during your stay.

You can buy the wild card on arrival at the park if you prefer and of course it does entitle you to receive the wild magazine for the year.

You will not need any other entry fees as overnight visitors, but you are visiting during a quiet and out of season time so the gates will not be very busy.
Do enjoy your stay. :thumbs_up:
s2000ap

Unread post by s2000ap »

If they cost +- the same maybe go for the Wild Card as there are benefits and if a second visit occurs within a Year, it's all been paid for already.
Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by Crested Val »

If you look here it should help you decide.
Missing my beloved Kruger!!!
vinkie
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Location: Living in The Netherlands but raised in South Africa

Unread post by vinkie »

When we are staying with a friend who lives at Skukuza how do we put this on the form or do we just go and stay at their place because it doesn't matter because we will have a Wildcard?
Live life on the edge but be careful not to fall off! :wink:

:dance: Booked our 2024 trip to Kruger National Park :dance:

2nd of June -19th of June: Lower Sabie, Satara, Letaba, Tamboti, Satara, Skukuza 8)
Elsa

Unread post by Elsa »

vinkie, I would think just get your friend who lives in Skukuza to send you a letter to show the gate officials or just write their details in the res box on your entrance permit and hopefully it will be sufficient.
vinkie
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Location: Living in The Netherlands but raised in South Africa

Unread post by vinkie »

Elsa wrote:vinkie, I would think just get your friend who lives in Skukuza to send you a letter to show the gate officials or just write their details in the res box on your entrance permit and hopefully it will be sufficient.

It's only for the last 3 days...we will be in the park camps before we meet our friends...the last three days we will meet them and stay at their house...We will have a renewed Wildcard by then when it works renewing it....can't change adress and passport number??
Live life on the edge but be careful not to fall off! :wink:

:dance: Booked our 2024 trip to Kruger National Park :dance:

2nd of June -19th of June: Lower Sabie, Satara, Letaba, Tamboti, Satara, Skukuza 8)