How many years on the forum?

Tell us what we can do better, need to clear the air, voice your concern or provide feedback about the forum
Scottm

Re: How many years on the forum?

Unread post by Scottm »

Tomorrow (31st May) will be the start of my 9th year on this forum.

It has been a pleasant journey, with many great discussions, debates and threads. :clap:

To all those people that make this forum possible, well done. :gflower: To all those contributors, keep up the contributions and keep up the great stories - many people from around the world rely on these to keep their finger on the pulse AND to keep up their interest in wildlife, even when they are unable to visit SANParks. To those that simply follow the forum threads without contributing, now is the time to get actively involved, to share your experiences and/or dreams, to contribute to the views and debates - both good :lol: and bad :( - so that this forum can continue to contribute generally to the sanity :hmz: of all the members/visitors, but particularly to the well-being of SA's greatest treasure, its wildlife. :thumbs_up:
"Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints"

Photographs help to crystallize memories, but cannot be seen to be a replacement of them!
onewithnature
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by onewithnature »

Good ninth-birthday acceptance speech, Scottm. :clap: :clap: Well said, and we have indeed had the pleasure of your knowledgeable contributions along the way too. Till the next nine. :dance: :dance: :D
EVERYBODY'S TR!
TR: A NEW DAY IS S-OWN
TR: NECTAREAN NICETIES OF THE NORTH
TR: PRIMEVAL PLEASURE

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." (Groucho Marx)
Delene D
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Delene D »

Next month will be our 5 year anniversary. I too have benefited enormously from the mites on the forum. At the end of that same month of joining my SO had to have an emergency operation and my heart sank. But I enquired about it and I had such good help from the mites. In no time after I had contacted Reservations and sent them a Doctors Certificate we could rebook sites, and we had a marvelous 6 weeks stay at 7 different Kruger camps. The TRs that are posted are so good and the photos have me longing to be back in Kruger. I was warned in the beginning that this Forum is addictive and that's very true. I simply can't stop! :)
Oumie
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Oumie »

My 9th year (Feb 2005) this year :D
Satara 25/5
Letaba 26/5 - 28/5
Tamboti 29/5 - 31/5
Croc Bridge 1/6 - 4/6

"We don't own the planet earth, we belong to it. We must share it with our wild life"
DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird »

:hmz:

That is nine years ago .....

Jazil :dance: :dance:

Happy forum birthday!!!!
- Dalene
MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS »

:clap: :dance: and thank you for your contributions to and very hard work on the forums, Jazil :k :gflower:
aquila non capit muscas
Carol g
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Carol g »

Jazil happy forum birthday from me too :dance: :dance:
Those who have no love in there hearts for animals, have no love in there hearts at all
RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by RosemaryH »

A HUGE Happy Forum Birthday from me too Liz :gflower: :k Thanks for all the time and wonderful contributions you have put into these forums. You are an absolute star.
Rose
onewithnature
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by onewithnature »

Jazil and DB, congratulations on being so durable and, of course, for all your superb hard work in keeping us all in check. :wink: I appreciate both of you for all that you do. :k :gflower:
EVERYBODY'S TR!
TR: A NEW DAY IS S-OWN
TR: NECTAREAN NICETIES OF THE NORTH
TR: PRIMEVAL PLEASURE

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." (Groucho Marx)
Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Meandering Mouse »

Jazil

belated
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.
Jazil
Location: Swaziland. The smallest country of the S. Hemisphere

Unread post by Jazil »

I can not believe that I have been on the forum for nine years now, gosh time flies. I have enjoyed every moment of it, and its been great meeting so many folk, even though some of them I have not met in person, just meeting here has been great.
Don't forget to PM any Mod your Kudu nominations for the month.

If you want to list your Park Dates in the YR Thread then please PM me.
Ouma Biskuit
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Ouma Biskuit »

5 years this year
salamanda
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by salamanda »

I joined in July 2007. Before that I was a member of some other Kruger forum which I joined in July 2004 under the name saladel. That forum seemed to disappear, then eventually I came across this one.

Part of a posting in July 2004:

The most interesting of all was on our way to Crocodile Bridge on 9th, when we came across a female Bateleur hanging upside down from the end of a dead branch. She hung there for about ten minutes whilst we watched, although I have no idea for how long she was there before we arrived. She stretched out both wings and flapped them a couple of times, then a little later stretched out one wing and then folded it back against her side. Finally she put out both wings and gave a few strong flaps and swung upright onto the branch. I have no real idea what this behaviour implied, and no one I have spoken to can explain it. If you find yourself thinking: 'Took the photo upside down' 'it thinks it's a bat' or 'it's a female, what do you expect' - hey, I've been there. I have included a rather poor photo - the Bateleur was a bit far away for anything worthwhile.
lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by lion queen »

Always good to read back on what we've posted and this must have been an interesting sighting!! :thumbs_up:
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West
Trrp-trrrrrrrr
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Trrp-trrrrrrrr »

I joined 2 years ago today!!
Time sure does fly by when you are having fun!! What a ride it has been so far.
During this time have had privilege to have face to face meets with a total of 43 'mites and some of their SO's, who are not active on the forum, as well. Was really special!!... not bad going. Then all the other forumites... while interacting on the forum.
Have had some really good and :D times here...then there are also some times that I was totally :big_eyes: at what I had read :|
You guys/dolls make this forum what it is (special)...I for one have gained a wealth of knowledge on various threads, thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge with us all. :thumbs_up:
Just wonderful and so encouraging to see all the interest taken in wildlife as a whole. :dance:
The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man. ~Author unknown