The History of the Wilderness Trails in KRUGER

Moderator: Crested Val

ndloti
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: The History of the Wilderness Trails in KRUGER

Unread post by ndloti »

I walked with Johan Enslin as trails ranger on the Olifants trail in Aug / Sept 2001 shortly after his appointment .

After the first night the extremely loud snoring of the Israeli fellow I shared a hut with forced me to threaten the next night to seek refuge on the viewing deck in an attempt to sleep - I would have done so had Johan not actively discouraged me from doing so - an opportunity missed .
KNP is sacred. I am opposed to the modernisation of Kruger and from the depths of my soul long for the Kruger of yesteryear! 1000+km on foot in KNP incl 56 wild trails.200+ nights in the wildernessndloti-indigenous name for serval.
ndloti
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by ndloti »

Katamboega wrote:The list of wilderness trails rangers from the past.

Some of the Trails Rangers at the 30 th Anniversary function Sept 2008 .
KNP is sacred. I am opposed to the modernisation of Kruger and from the depths of my soul long for the Kruger of yesteryear! 1000+km on foot in KNP incl 56 wild trails.200+ nights in the wildernessndloti-indigenous name for serval.
ndloti
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by ndloti »

The first wilderness trail I walked 28 Feb 1985 , Wolhuter trail at R110.00 per person .

Two months later , the Olifants trail , R110.00 per person