Skip to Content

Kruger DVD's?

See what other forumites recommend you should read
john n poppy
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Kruger DVD's?

Unread post by john n poppy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:25 am

Does anyone know of or has seen any documentaries etc that might be available about Kruger, i have some nice books but a DVD or two might be nice?

thanks
john
Kruger NP - August 2016 - 2 1/2 weeks....the countdown begins.....

:( :( oh no been made redundant......woohoo...its now 6 1/2 weeks in Kruger :dance: :dance:

Franconel

Re: Kruger DVD's?

Unread post by Franconel » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:41 am

I bought two DVD's on Kruger at OR Tambo International in Johannesburg: The Kruger National Park-South Africa's Gem of Parks (plus a 55 minute bonus feature on the Sabie River) and Kruger Park-The Vision Lives On. The second DVD was made ten years ago when Kruger was 100 years old. Available on website www.takeafricahome.co.za

Carole

DVD Kruger Park The Vision lives On

Unread post by Carole » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:03 am

Hallo! I am desperate to find the DVD Kruger Park The Vision lives on.......which was the 100 year centenary of Kruger. I have this in storage in Pretoria but placed in a box right at the back of the storage! I love this documentary and miss it! We are currently in the UK. I tried duty free at Joburg International 'Out of Africa' but they don't do DVDs. I tried in a few shops in Pretoria and I have looked on the Internet. This DVD in English seems to be quite impossible to buy. I was told I could only obtain this in Kruger Park, but even so, I have only seen this in German there.

Please, can anyone tell me where I can purchase this in English and have it mailed to the UK? I would appreciate it so much.

Thankyou,

Carole :)

Elsa

Re: DVD Kruger Park The Vision lives On

Unread post by Elsa » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:27 am

Carole, I see one member bought it Here but the link doesn't seem to be active any longer which is a pity.
Have you tried someone like Amazon.com
I think you can get one on a VHS tape?
Have you nominated someone in the Annual Forum Awards yet?

Carole

Re: DVD Kruger Park The Vision lives On

Unread post by Carole » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi Elsa thankyou for replying. I did see the VHS on Amazon but I don't have a video machine here.

Many thanks

stefan9

Unread post by stefan9 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:49 pm

Would love to have this dvd as well. Not found it yet either.
31 March - 3 April 2016 Berg n Dal Done
July 2017 Lower Sabie 3 nights and Talamati 3 nights

Carole

Unread post by Carole » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:56 am

I do have the video ....VHS and actually made a DVD of my own from it a few years ago but it is in storage in Pretoria and right at the back too! We are staying here in the UK and I really miss watching it.

hilda
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2015)
FAC Member (2014)

Unread post by hilda » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:48 pm

Maybe you could try this link?

http://www.travelvideostore.com

This is what I found:

A Visual Safari
Kruger Park (2010)
Distributed by TravelVideoStore.com - Includes Limited Public Performance Rights
The Kruger National Park is the primary destination in South Africa for many international visitors. Each year more than half a million tourists visit the park. The KNP offers a wildlife experience that ranks with the best in Africa. Established in 1898 to protect the wildlife of the South African Lowfeld, this national park of nearly 2 million hectares is unrivalled in the diversity of its life forms and a world leader in advanced environmental management techniques and policies.Inc...

Kruger Park (PAL)(2010)
Distributed by TravelVideoStore.com - Includes Limited Public Performance Rights
This is a PAL format DVD. Will NOT play in the US and Canada. THIS IS A PAL DVD AND WILL NOT PLAY IN THE US OR CANADA.The Kruger National Park is the primary destination in South Africa for many international visitors. Each year more than half a million tourists visit the park. The KNP offers a wildlife experience that ranks with the best in Africa. Established in 1898 to protect the wildlife of the South African Lowfeld, this national park of nearly 2 million hectares is unrivalled ...
"We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right." - Nelson Mandela

Carole

Unread post by Carole » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:25 pm

Looks like some nice videos ..... :) sadly they don't have Kruger Park The vision Lives On (the 100 year centenary) :(

Return to “Bookshelf”