Reservation issues

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

vinkie
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Location: Living in The Netherlands but raised in South Africa

Re: Reservation issues

Unread post by vinkie »

I tried to make the booking with another account, got exactly the same problem.
Live life on the edge but be careful not to fall off! :wink:

:dance: Booked our 2024 trip to Kruger National Park :dance:

2nd of June -19th of June: Lower Sabie, Satara, Letaba, Tamboti, Satara, Skukuza 8)
lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by lion queen »

Very weird.

I tried now with my logins and could sign in without any problems.
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West
pedro maia
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by pedro maia »

I don´t want to hijack the thread but I´m having the same problems, I sent an e-mail to reservations, I received an answer saying they would open a case reservation, gave the nunber and said they would respond within 24 hours, 4 days later I didn´t get any contact, send several e-mails and received no answer, what should I do?
lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread post by lion queen »

pedro maia wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:17 pm I don´t want to hijack the thread but I´m having the same problems, I sent an e-mail to reservations, I received an answer saying they would open a case reservation, gave the nunber and said they would respond within 24 hours, 4 days later I didn´t get any contact, send several e-mails and received no answer, what should I do?
Hi pedro maia,

I'm going to send you a PM, lets see if we can get your problem sorted.
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West
pnm
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by pnm »

Good morning - hope someone can help with an answer. I want to book at Karoo National Park for the last week of February but the accommodation site lists no accommodation available. I tried for the first week in March and the same result. Not even campsites. I found this very odd, so checked a less popular park (Camdeboo) and got the same result. In fact the more camp in various parks I ,looked at (including Kruger) show accommodation as only going open in mid March if I remember correctly. Is this a glitch in the new booking system? If it is, is there a way I can get around it without having to phone or email head office?

Regards

Pete in a lovely warm and sunny George
Pete
Tamsy
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Tamsy »

Morning, I have looked and I have the same issue. I have reported this and will get back to you when I get a response.
pnm
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by pnm »

Many thanks, Tamsy.
Pete
Tamsy
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Tamsy »

pnm wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:48 am Many thanks, Tamsy.
Hi Pete
Just to let you know it has been escalated. I will post the reply when I get it.

Although I realise it might be a bit late for you, and you might have had to phone head office.

Kind regards
Tamsy
pnm
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by pnm »

Hi Tammy. I managed to get a booking via one of the satellite offices. Many thanks for your trouble. Pete
Pete
luckyluke

Re: bad service when trying to prebook at Pabenie gate

Unread post by luckyluke »

We went to Phabeni Gate on 29/03/2024 to prebook, for 30/03/2024. Firstly the lady that was supposed to helped us, Greeted us, and asked us how she can help us. As I tried to tell her we want to prebook, She started a conversation with the person next to her, ignoring us. After she finished speaking to her co-worker she asked me again how she can help.
I said that I want to prebook. She looked at me and said why do I want to prebook, as I wont get any favours for prebooking.
As I know this, I said that we always prebook to avoid congestion at reception and the gates in the morning.
She told me that she will not prebook for me, and that I must come into reception the following day.
As we are 6 people that prebook, it is an extra R 291.00 in revenue for the park that is lost.

I always prebook at Crocodile Bridge, Paul Kruger and Phalaborwa and never have I been treated like this.
Elsa

Unread post by Elsa »

Welcome to the forum luckyluke

Very sorry for the unpleasant experience.

Please would you send a mail to [email protected] with full details of all that transpired.

Thanks
Take time each day to be with nature