Work Crews and Ranger

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

RunDmc

Work Crews and Ranger

Unread post by RunDmc »

This morning driving from Punda Maria to Shingwedzi we came across a cheetah Mum and her 2 cubs who has just killed and were eating, the cheetah approx 15m from the road, we are foreign visitors and have to abide by very strict rules, which we we fully understand, however what rules and regulations do park staff and workers have to abide by?
We were 3 cars sitting enjoying experience, when a works lorry came along parked not even 50m away and 3 workers jumped out and proceeded to cut grass with a petrol strimmer, a ranger followed not long after, we waved him down and asked why were they disturbing a very skittish predator at best of times but worse when a cheetah has a kill, his reply was “they are doing their job” and drove off.
Not a good advert for SanParks and this would not be tolerated in our country. We actually found it completely unacceptable and not a good example to visitors to the park
MATTHYS

Re: Work Crews and Ranger

Unread post by MATTHYS »

Welcome to the forums, RunDmc.

Please submit your concerns, via e-mail, to [email protected] .
aquila non capit muscas
RunDmc

Unread post by RunDmc »

Have already submitted email to customer care
MATTHYS

Unread post by MATTHYS »

Good and thank you, RunDmc.

I am now going to lock this topic (please see the Rules of the Service Related Feedback Forum ).
Please let me know, via private message, when you need to report back.

New members usually can't send PMs (private messages) until they have made 5 posts, so just open a new topic in this forum when you need it to be opened and I will unlock.
aquila non capit muscas