SATARA

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

Tessa G
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

SATARA

Unread post by Tessa G »

Our last trip, Dec 2020 - Jan 2021 we stayed At Orpen, Satara and Mopani and thanks go out to Orpen and Mopani for their great service.

Satara was a huge disappointment and as this is a camp that we have always loved, our experience was a bitter pill to swallow. I have addressed it through the correct channel, [email protected].

Our reservation was made in January 2020 and after emailing Philia Keetse our allocation I received an email saying that it would be provisionally allocated but may be changed due to operational/emergency situations. Other camps have usually said to contact them a week before arrival to check if we could have the unit of our choice, which I did, and we were told that our choice was still open to us. :thumbs_up:

Shortly after arrival we discovered there was no microwave (not a huge problem) and no kettle (a problem. I love my coffee). We immediately went to reception and the situation was rectified within minutes. Fantastic service.

Later in the afternoon I wanted to wash our lunch plates etc only to find there was no plug for the kitchen sink. Second visit to reception resulted in another staff member bring us a plug. :whistle:

I ran the 'hot' water for ages, but water remained cold. Another visit to reception and another poor staff member was sent to repair it. The following day he had to return as there was still a problem and we again had no hot water and the geyser was making a beeping noise. :hmz:

Interesting though, we were told by one of the staff members that the reason for all this is that the unit had been BLOCKED to guests because of maintenance and that was also the reason why the microwave and kettle were removed.

WHY were we given this unit under these circumstances. We were told it was reserved for us provisionally and we would have been more than happy to be given another unit rather go through all this inconvenience. Or the other option, get the unit ready and in working order to accommodate guests. :hmz:
Such an unnecessary frustration.

As I said, I have notified the correct department and will update here once I have feedback.
Latest Trip Report - Spots, Stripes & More: Tessa and Dave 2022

22nd Dec Lower Sabie
23rd - 25th Dec 2022 Orpen
26th - 27th Dec 2022 Olifants
28th - 31st Dec 2022 Sirheni
1st - 3rd Jan 2023 Mopani
Elsa

Re: SATARA

Unread post by Elsa »

Sorry your experience was less than ideal Tessa, but good to have reported it via the correct channel.

I am going to lock this topic in accordance with the Rules of the Service related Forum but please do pm me or any of the other mods and we will unlock for any further input or feedback you want to add.
Take time each day to be with nature
Tessa G
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Tessa G »

Just an Update after my email to Customer Services.

I received a very nice email from Miss Kanyisa James apologising for everything that had happened and part of her mail was as follows:

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stays at the Orpern and Mopani camps. We are very delighted and encouraged to know that our efforts are paying off.

It is also deeply regrettable that your stay at the Satara camp was unsatisfactory and tainted due to the issues you’ve raised below. Kindly note that your feedback has been forwarded to the relevant management to respond within 14 days and also pass you message of appreciation to the Orpern and Mopani teams.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience endured during your stay.

Thank you for your support to our National Parks.

I will let you know if I have any further updates from Miss Kanyisa James

22nd Dec Lower Sabie
Tessa G
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Tessa G »

Just an update........
Below is an email that we received from Ms Londiwe Masondo.
Thank you Customer Services. :thumbs_up:

Dear Ms Gray

We acknowledge receipt of your complaint and thank you for taki.ng time to share this feedback with us. We are deeply honored that you chose Kruger National Park as your holiday destination. We value their feedback as it assists us in addressing all raised issues efficiently and improve our service standards. We regret to learn that you had an unpleasant experience during your stay in Satara camp. Upon investigating this matter we found that there lack of communication between Reception and Housekeeping. This matter has been addressed with relevant staff in order to avoid similar reoccurrences in future. Furthermore, the Snr Housekeeper together with the Maintenance Officer have been reminded to ensure that all standards are adhered to at all times with regard to proper maintenance and supplies in the units. The use of checklist during inspection has been emphasized in ensuring that all guests accommodation are serviced accordingly and efficiently before they are occupied by guests. Camp Management will monitor progress in this regard.

We would like to extend our unreserved apology for the inconvenience endured and we trust that your future visit will be filled with wonderful memories of wildlife experience and excellent service.

Thank you for your continued support.

Best regards,

Ms Londiwe Masondo
Customer Services Consultant
Kruger National Park
Tel: 013 735 4404
Email: [email protected]
www.SANParks.org

22nd Dec Lower Sabie
Elsa

Unread post by Elsa »

Thanks for the feedback Tessa.

Great to get the response from Customer Services and know that the issues have been addressed. :thumbs_up:
Take time each day to be with nature