Family accomodation options in Leokwe Camp in Mapungubwe

Golden Gate, Mapungubwe, Marakele

Moderators: ritad, RosemaryH, lion queen, Crested Val

MR1980

Family accomodation options in Leokwe Camp in Mapungubwe

Unread post by MR1980 »

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the accomodation options in Leokwe Camp in Mapungubwe National Park for a family of 4, 2 adults & 2 small kids. The FF4 Family Cottage is a possibility of course but there is also a CO2/4P (COTTAGE) which has 2 single beds and a double sleeper couch which is not suitable for adults... So far I understand. So I thought this would be possible as well because the kids could go on the sleeper couch. But when I select this cottage and add 2 adtults and 2 (or even 1) kids I get the following message:

"The number of units requested cannot accommodate the number of guests specified"

Isn't this strange or what? Am i missing something or is this an error in the system?

Thanks in advance.

Michel
Michiel_P
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Family accomodation options in Leokwe Camp in Mapungubwe

Unread post by Michiel_P »

Dear Michel,

It is very stranged. I was in the C02/4P in December and it have a big couch. 2 small kids will fit on it.

I suggest you phone reception at Mapungubwe directly and ask them. They can also then make the booking for you.

•Reception numbers: (015) 534 7923/24

Regards,
Michiel
Nature is the art of God - Dante Alighieri
Our Bucket List
January 2020 : Kruger
August 2020 : Camdeboo, Bontebok, Agulhas, Karoo NP, Mokala
MR1980

Unread post by MR1980 »

Thank you very much Michiel. I was just scouting a possible future trip and thought this was awkward. Maybe an FF4 is just fine but I suppose a CO2/4P is cheaper with 2 kids and would possibly have a better view...

Best regards,
Michel
Mischief
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by Mischief »

Dear Michel,

If you notice on the accommodation availability the base rate is for 2 people and the maximum people allowed in the CO2/4P is actually only two. However as Michiel has suggested give Mapungubwe a call, explain the situation to them and I am very sure the will do their best to accommodate the 2 children on the big sleeper couch.

Good luck! :gflower:
"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."- G.Snyder
Mischief :P