Trying to understand Accommodation Codes?

Tell us what we can do better, need to clear the air, voice your concern or provide feedback about the forum
Grazie

Trying to understand Accommodation Codes?

Unread post by Grazie »

So I’ll ask....

Where can I find the SANPARKS explanation of the codes. It would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Grazie
gbird
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Trying to understand Accommodation Codes?

Unread post by gbird »

Grazie

I understand your problem and it does seem that there is no standardization for the accommodation codes.

Go to the search facility and look for "tariffs". You will find a pdf document for the 2017-2018 tariffs which you can download. It covers all parks and camps and should provide you with the information you need.

g
inyanga 1
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread post by inyanga 1 »

Grazie wrote:
inyanga 1 wrote:Grazie,

The accommodation type list, price and fuller description can be seen by choosing availability at the camp you are intersted in.

Thank inyanga 1, and yes, this I understand. However, when I need to apply a decision making process of the Park prior > to Camp the type of accommodation is more primary.

For example, we are coming in a 4-Berth Camper to CT to KNP, taking a leisurely wandering route to Punda Maria. We want to find those SANP Parks and then Camps within those parks that have power at the Camper Stand.

Regards to Accommodation Codification I've come to understand that:

CK6T is a Tent Site for max of 6 people - here I'm guessing?

CK6CP is a NOT a tent site but a Caravan, and now I'm understanding also means a Camper/MotorHome - I can live with that!

But, and this is why I've asked the question is there a table describing what all these codes mean, because last night I came across this head-scratcher:
CK6CPV

I've subsequently deduced what that means. :?

So, inyanga 1, is there a SANP Table that I can scrutinize to understand all the Codes? And is there a Global search facility that'll cough up Parks and then Rest Camps that will allow for a 4-Berth Camper? Can I put in CK6CP or CK6C? Otherwise I'm needing to search all the SANP Parks and individually, and sometimes pointlessly, each of their Rest Camps.

Regards,

Grazie

CK6CPV means that
(providing there is not a blanket booking by an external GLAMPing vendor stealing the perimiter camping sites - e.g. at Pretoriaskop by booking them out all season)
then this is a perimeter View versus CK6CP which is on one of the lines inside those CK6CPV's.
A few TR's - 2016 Reis verhaal from Kruger 'Bush' Camps.. Cape to Namibia .. Mokala & KNP .More KNP.. .etc
last http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?&t=93948
WYSIWIT - Photos aren't photoshop'd except for mono, sepia & cropping
barryels
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread post by barryels »

inyanga 1 wrote:
Grazie wrote:....

inyanga 1 thanks for the info/heads-up.

I’m loving this Forum. The Forumites are great.

G
Thank you on bahalf of my fellow forumites :-)
The only people who are persona non grata are poachers and speed merchants... (IMHO)

BTW
CK6T is for a Tent
CK6CP is for a camPer / motor home AFIK
Dear Grazie,

I had a quick look at the different camping accommodation types and what its stand for to clear any uncertain tee :D .

CK6 = campsite for max of 6 people without a power point
CK6P = campsite for max of 6 people with a power point
CK6PV = campsite for max of 6 people with a power point and a perimeter view
CK6PL = campsite for max of 6 people with a power point and L indicates that it is a large site for motor homes/campers/caravans (Only in use at Shingwedzi)
CK6V = campsite for max of 6 people without a power point and river view (Only in use by Bontebok NP)
CK6CP = campsite for max of 6 people with a motor home/camper/caravan and power point (Only in use at Storms River Mouth Rest Camp)
CK6PS = campsite for max of 6 people with a power point on the southern side of the park with no view (Only in use at EBB-and-FLOW rest camp)
CK6PVS = campsite for max of 6 people with a power point on the southern side of the park with a view (Only in use at EBB-and-FLOW rest camp)
CK6PVN = campsite for max of 6 people with a power point on the Northern side of the park with a view (Only in use at EBB-and-FLOW rest camp)
CK6PG = campsite for max of 6 people with a power point and only tents (Only in use at Karoo NP)
CK6PP = New premium campsite with private ablutions and kitchenette (Only in use at Nossob in Kgalagadi Transfrontier park)
CK6PZ = campsite for max of 6 people with a power point closest to wheelchair-accessible ablutions (Only in use at Marakele NP)

For your purposes you can book a CK6P campsite in any of the SANParks for camper use (I suppose you will need a power point) :thumbs_up: .
If you wish to visit the parks as indicated in brackets you will have to use the codes above as indicated. You can park your camper on all these sites, except for those in the Karoo NP . :thumbs_up:
If you want to visit Shingwedzi in Kruger NP you will have to book a CK6PL and at Storms River Mouth Rest Camp a CK6CP :thumbs_up:

Hope the above will be of help with the planning of your trip to SA :D .
Always be humble and never think you are better than anyone else...
For dust you are; and into dust you shall return