Skip to Content

Internet shaming could land you in jail

Tell us what we can do better, need to clear the air, voice your concern or provide feedback about the forum
DinkyBird

Internet shaming could land you in jail

Unread post by DinkyBird » Thu May 21, 2015 10:18 am

- Dalene

spargish
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Internet shaming could land you in jail

Unread post by spargish » Thu May 21, 2015 10:46 am

Thanks For The link DinkyBird!

For those of you that know me on facebook, you will know I can't stand internet/social media shaming and I will call it out no matter who it is. People don't realise that before they go and create a scene on the internet they have a responsibility to have all their facts straight and also allow they person they are angry with to respond to their complaint! They don't realise that if they say things with out having their facts straight that it amounts to slander!

I applaud the SANParks MOD team on Facebook, the amount of abuse/nonsense you have to put up with is quite upsetting!
NO to OSV privleges! Equality for all Guests!
TR Cricket Days and last nights of Summer now on

George_Brits
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger
Award: Newcomer of the Year (2015)

Re: Internet shaming could land you in jail

Unread post by George_Brits » Thu May 21, 2015 12:19 pm

Thanks for the link DB.

I agree with you Spargish, people should think before posting hateful or discriminatory posts. I can understand the frustration that some people might feel with regards to for e.g. service delivery issues, or accommodation related issues.

But instead of contacting the relevant service managers to report a fault or issue experienced, and because of the ease of access to social media, people tend to vent their anger with a situation on channels like facebook, twitter as well as online forums.

In my experience, I have found that issues with accommodation etc was sorted out almost immediately by Sanparks staff.

I salute them!

Return to “Chill Room ”