Skip to Content

Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Discuss and find information on the Kruger National Park
payton

Re: Accommodation - ask all your questions here

Unread post by payton » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:08 am

Hi everyone,

Would appreciate it if I could get some help here. I am due to leave for SA very soon, in a few days' time. I have been writing to reservations@sanparks.org a couple of times as there are some issues with my reservations but I have yet to receive any reply.
Is there any other emails that I could reach them?

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Will send you a pm! :thumbs_up:

kahtrav

Unread post by kahtrav » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:50 pm

We have bungalows booked for Skukuza, Lower Sabie, Oliphants, and Satara, all with river or perimeter views, (and utensils and linens) for early May, 2018. Are we going to be okay to just take what bungalow they assign, or should I really be searching maps to request a particular one? We have 2 and 3 nights in each rest camp. How far in advance would I request a particular bungalow?

We will be first at Skukuza, coming from Marloth Park. I'm thinking we'd come in thru Melalanie entrance or perhaps use Crocodile gate, then the lower, river road around to Melalane and then north to Skukuza (we'll have another full day to do a circle drive from Skukua but won't be that far south again. Also, since we are staying overnight, is it best to not try to be at the park gate first thing (along with the day trippers). Is there a recommended time, like 8:00 instead of 6:00, etc. or are we going to spend a couple of hours in line no matter what?

So far in the future yet, but seems more real all the time.

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Kahtrav, do have a read through INDEX to the best unit numbers and also INDEX to Accommodation photos Kruger where I'm sure you will find lots of info and advice.
Enjoy what sounds like a wonderful trip. 8)

Helol

Unread post by Helol » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:18 pm

Hello everyone

A BD2U perimeter bungalow or a LBVST2 Bush View at Lower Sabie? I can't decide!

Edit! I did decide, and took the perimeter bungalow, however I can' help but feel the Lux Tents look much nicer! The only thing that stopped me was that the tent available is a a bush view, and I have gone for the river view. A good decision hopefully!

Elsa

Unread post by Elsa » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:09 pm

Sure you will enjoy the river view bungalow and maybe next time the lux safari tent! :thumbs_up:

renierdutoit
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread post by renierdutoit » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:34 am

Hi Helol. I was fortunate enough to stay in both types of accommodation during July of this year. Both are excellent choices but personally I am of the opinion that the Safari Tents offer a bit more privacy. Be that as it may I still envy you :mrgreen: Enjoy your stay!

Helol

Unread post by Helol » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:53 am

Thanks both! To be honest, the privacy aspect isn't such a 'deal breaker' with me, as I am out at dawn, until dusk, and then after eating, I tend to go to sleep after driving/photographing all day etc. I am travelling alone (hubby is staying in UK),

Personally, I think the tents 'look' nicer, so as Elsa says, next time, i'll just have to try the tent 8) This is for June next year, however I am also visiting soon (in November - counting down the weeks now!), so if I keep an eye out on the bookings, I can alway grab a tent.

At the end of the day, the most important thing, is that I will be in the KNP :thumbs_up:

carolv
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2016)

Unread post by carolv » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:19 pm

As you say Helol - anywhere in Kruger is good. We are also in Kruger for November - our camps are listed on Meets and Greets - perhaps we will overlap somewhere?

Return to “Kruger National Park”