Skip to Content

What happens to my SANParks Guest Feedback Request?

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa
Guinea Pig
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

What happens to my SANParks Guest Feedback Request?

Unread post by Guinea Pig » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:37 am

I didn't want to post this under Chill Room as it's not a complaint or meant to turn into one. I'm just curious. :D

I've filled in what feels like hundreds of them after returning from a trip to whichever of the Parks it is about. I always give honest feedback plus Comments where I felt I had something to say. Just did so again and was wondering what happens to these Requests?

Can anybody provide a quick outline of where the form goes and what is done about it from the moment I send it off into Cyberspace again? :D
Looking forward 5 nights at Satara in November. :dance:

Hippotragus
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: What happens to my SANParks Guest Feedback Request?

Unread post by Hippotragus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi Guinea Pig.

I am not sure, but I assume the questionnaires go to the Customer Care Dept. and from there are sent to the relevant camps/staff for implementation. I don't think they just drift around in cyberspace!

A couple of times I have mentioned that something needs fixing, repairing, etc. and have received a very nice e-mail from someone at the relevant camp, thanking me and saying that they will attend to the problem.

I am sure someone else on the Forum can give a better answer to how and where the questionnaires go.
Skukuza 13 October 2017
Letaba 14-17 Oct 2017
Shingwedzi 17-20 Oct 2017
Punda Maria 20-24 Oct 2017

Guinea Pig

Unread post by Guinea Pig » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Hippotragus wrote:
A couple of times I have mentioned that something needs fixing, repairing, etc. and have received a very nice e-mail from someone at the relevant camp, thanking me and saying that they will attend to the problem.

That's exactly why I'm curious. It's the most reliable way of getting things attended to. I've always received feedback from the relevant camp etc. Obviously a lot of organization goes into this and I would like to know how it works or rather what the "chain of command" is.

DinkyBird

Unread post by DinkyBird » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:31 pm

If one uses the website to send feedback have a look here (and links on this post) for a good explanation of what happens to the various feedback forms submitted: link

Emails and feedback sent to the Customer Care department are forwarded to the relevant camps, and management. Acknowledgement of receipt of an email should be received within 48 hours, and a response on the matter/s raised, within two weeks.

Logs are also kept by the CC dept which have been reported on in the Annual Reports; help rate camps etc.
- Dalene

Guinea Pig

Unread post by Guinea Pig » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:53 am

All the data gets stored in a database and is analyzed on a "global" scale once month. The main goal is to establish which parks/camps are managed well and which not, and put appropriate measures with management where necessary.

8) Thanks. That answers my question.
Well worth completing them instead of ignoring the email. :thumbs_up:

Return to “Chit-Chat”